The Yosh Can is ON!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Yosh Can is ON!

Hello all,

So Saturday I went down to the underground parking with a couple friends to work on out respective bikes. I got to install the Yosh full-system exhaust I won on ebay a few weeks ago and man what a difference!!

It sounds fantastic! I nice throaty growl and the pitch gets nice and high when the RPMs do the same. I took it for a spin and I swear I can fee the weight loss too!

A couple hickups: -Broke one of the header-mounting bolts putting it on. The 'boots' which hold the stock headers on are held flush against the ports whereas the yosh plates sit a good quarter-inch off... well I was cranking it down thinking that it needs to go flush as well, not paying attention to the setting on my torque-wrench (it didn't take much) and SNAP! Well it could have been worse. There was enough of it sticking out and we had used anti-seize so it backed out by hand. A quick trip to McBrides to buy a whole new set of header bolts (not knowing if I had stressed any of the others too much) and we were back in action.

-I swear I was provided the wrong clamp for the two pipes. The mufflers pipe fits over the header/collector pipe, there is a securing rivet and then a clamp which fits over top. Well, we were just barely able to get the clamp closed on the smaller of the two pipes. There is no way on this green earth, we were going to get it over the larger of the two. Oh well again. I will just locate one in the plumbing section of the hardware store I suppose. There is no leak in the system, riding it without right now anyhow.

So there is the issue of re-jetting. I honnestly don't think I will have to. The instructions don't call for it so I thought I'd play it by ear. There was a significant amount of carbon build-up in the exhaust ports. I figure I was running rich to begin with. Perhaps this will even it out nicely.

I'll get some pictures up soon. I just have to get all her plastics back on.

Nick
    My Karma ran over my Dogma.

pics pics pics....sound clip, sound clip, sound clip.....congrats
    Ray - Thank you, may I have another?

Comment

Originally posted by seypea
      pics pics pics....sound clip, sound clip, sound clip.....congrats
      +1 most mp3 players will let you record if you don't have anything else to use.
      Kyle

Comment

Nothin like the sound of the full Yosh system,enjoy it dude

Comment

Working...
        X