No announcement yet.
X

Speed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

88 mph, and then I ended up back in this primitive time. Anyone know where I can get some plutonium? Cause my Mr. Fusion broke.
    What the deuce!?!

Comment

According to my Sheriff buddy and his little radar gun.......132mph.

It still had more to give but I ran outta road.
      2005 Aprilia RST1000
      2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
      1998 Chevy Tahoe
      www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

130ish

not something i do frequently, but I had to get it there once to feel the wind peeling skin off.
        2002 Blue Kat

Comment

I have a special stretch of the 401 where I will let it out on rare occasion if there is no traffic, the wind is just so, and I am feeling bold. It's perfect because it goes down hill slightly so you can see everything, has concrete median to keep the other side separated and there are no on/off ramps. In any case the highest so far is 230kph (142 mph)...according to the speedo. Held it for about 2 seconds and then got way to scared and coasted her out. Don't think I will go that far again, but exhilerating to try once.

Comment

This is pathetic compared to some of you speed-demons, but I think last season I topped out at around 90 or so. I had just gotten out of the break-in period and wanted to wind it up a little bit. So I rolled on the throttle and 90 MPH suddenly appeared on the speedo; I decided that was good enough for a newbie rider and backed off.

Perhaps, after I ride the majority of this season and get a few more miles under my belt, I'll open it up a bit more.

Comment

93 Katana the speedo said 155mph and she was still pulling but my gas line had a feed problem it would cut out untill i hit 100mph agin.. sucked..

98 YZF so far 170mph was the fastest and it was still pulling hard with about 5000rpms left to go aswell before redline.. i just got tired of the helmet kissing my lips and all so i brought it back down.. (wana find a nice long stright nicley paved road to top it out on)
              Woody
              http://www.nationalcyclesupply.net
              http://www.ncsupply.com

Comment

Originally posted by woody
                wana find a nice long stright nicley paved road to top it out on
                And a set of forks you can get it road-worthy again!

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

136mph kat 600cc 2003. i was following my buddy ona gsxr1000 and tried to keep up lol, never made it but sure as hell was proud when i saw the speedo. A bike in oncoming lane signald hello with his hand and so did i, still dont know what saved me but i thought the wind was going to take my arm off lol. Never gotten up that high again yet, maybe this seson
                  guts and glory

Comment

did 142 on the speedo, then slowly backed of right before a state cop got me going 99. Cop was cool let me go it was around 1 in the morning on an empty toll road.

Comment

135 indicated. WOo!

Comment

I did my 750 in the 130s twice. I live out in farm country and some roads are 7 miles straight. After seeing deer though I keep it lower now. 100 for a moment and back down.
                        Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

Before the gear change(when the speedo was correct) I hit 140-145 It was hard to read as I was passing a CBR900RR And he was doing 130(a friend of mine). It was X-CITING I wish I had a yellow box to tell the acurate speed now but It has read pegged at 150 but I an about 20% off so that only comes to around 120.I slowed down after a bit and got behind a truck then a state trooper was on the side of the road> THAT WAS CLOSE
                          here's some southerly advice that may come in handy down the road a piece... Next time you are too drunk to drive, walk to the nearest pizza shop and place a delivery order. When they go to deliver it, catch a ride home with them.
                          http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/dragkota98/

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                            Originally posted by woody
                            wana find a nice long stright nicley paved road to top it out on
                            And a set of forks you can get it road-worthy again!

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            i'm going to kill ya lol hopfully saturday i will have them if all goes as planned
                            Woody
                            http://www.nationalcyclesupply.net
                            http://www.ncsupply.com

Comment

The fastest I managed on my Katana 750 was about 230kph (143mph) on a stretch of the 407 highway. Funny, it wasn't scary at all but invigorating. I was more scared when hit 80kph the first time I road my bike.
                              "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

fastest ive been is 260kmph on the dial, what a rush tho i was slightly disapointed when i got to 260... as it has a 270 on the dial, it wouldnt pull to 270

now with a turbo.. i plan on cracking the big 3-0-0!!!

cheers.joe.

Comment

Working...
                                X