Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

i think my skills are improving... (thanks CP)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Junior
    Just be careful around the highways. If you can find a nice little corner out in the country somewhere it's a lot easier to practice. Then you can concentrate on the corner instead of all the traffic.
    I would agree with you, but here in FL, the roads run straight from coast to coast and straight from the Georgia boarder to Key West. Curves are very few and far between.
    What the deuce!?!

Comment

Just be safe and keep it up!!! Knee dragging is always alot more fun than dragging plastics!! Eventually, I'll get back down there!!
      sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
      MSF Rider Coach 27028
      MoPowerSports.com
      Torco
      SoCalTrackDays

Comment

that's great dude. keep it up.

Comment

Damn you Jason...
          Did CP charge you for his lessons?

CP when are you comming to SC? I pay for the food and beer...

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE1000
            Damn you Jason...

Nah, I didn't charge Jason... I just felt bad for the boy... But if he's wise, he'll buy me a burger or something

Provide a place to crash a couple for a nighit and I might be there in 2 weeks...

I'm trying to figure out where to take the GF for spring break -- she needs to get the *$$% out of dodge to clear her mind of the school load and unwind, but didn't know that she would actually be able to take time off until just a couple days ago (leaving me scraping to come up with last minute plans -- all the deals I had for the caribbean already passed their mandatory pay-by date -- Grrr!). The best I've come up with so far is basically a road-trip: rental car and go see New Orleans (what's left), maybe make it as far as San Antonio or divert north and see St. Louis.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Glad to see you are not giving up on the bike. It IS capable of more than most realize!

Looks like you need to move those pucks up a bit though. Don't hesitate to cut off the upper velcro section and move them up for more contact.

Just remember this.... When you knee is on the ground then the bike is close also. I had a firm reminder of this one today when my centerstand touched down at the same time and my right side puck. Made the tail end a bit squirely! This happened on my Aprilia.
              Ron
              MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                Originally posted by JohnE1000
                Damn you Jason...

Nah, I didn't charge Jason... I just felt bad for the boy... But if he's wise, he'll buy me a burger or something

Provide a place to crash a couple for a nighit and I might be there in 2 weeks...

I'm trying to figure out where to take the GF for spring break -- she needs to get the *$$% out of dodge to clear her mind of the school load and unwind, but didn't know that she would actually be able to take time off until just a couple days ago (leaving me scraping to come up with last minute plans -- all the deals I had for the caribbean already passed their mandatory pay-by date -- Grrr!). The best I've come up with so far is basically a road-trip: rental car and go see New Orleans (what's left), maybe make it as far as San Antonio or divert north and see St. Louis.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                If you ever think about traveling north, you are more than welcome to crash in my place. But, I have to warn you, I will be trying to pick up your brain....

Comment

CP, you and your girl are welcome to come and crash at our cabin. http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16524 Looks like there's gonna be an extra bedroom available. Maybe between you and I we can teach my buddy to corner his Zuki Maurader.
                  Hey, hold my beer and watch this!

Comment

Originally posted by Ritchey79
                    CP, you and your girl are welcome to come and crash at our cabin. http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16524 Looks like there's gonna be an extra bedroom available. Maybe between you and I we can teach my buddy to corner his Zuki Maurader.
                    I really appreciate it, and the cabin looks awesome, but her spring break is March 11th thru 19th... So I'm like a BIKE WEEK away from from getting her out of town.

Cheers
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

welcome to the club !

tim

Comment

I would rather hear this than...

"I didn't Die today...."

Keep it up man.

And Be Careful on them roads.
                        1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                        2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                        Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Congrats Jason. It sounds like you've adjusted your attitude towards riding a bit. Good to hear that you're getting (and listening to) some solid advice from someone who's been riding almost as long as you've been alive (didn't mean to make you feel old there Cyber ). Best of luck to ya.

Originally posted by meanstrk
                          Just remember this.... When you knee is on the ground then the bike is close also. I had a firm reminder of this one today when my centerstand touched down at the same time and my right side puck. Made the tail end a bit squirely! This happened on my Aprilia.

I got the same reminder at the gap. Only it was my pipe that hit .

Comment

good news bro! congrats and keep it up!
                            Ray - Thank you, may I have another?

Comment

Good lord, it's limbo time! Seriously though, good job; I don't know if I'll ever be comfortable enough to go Bayliss style around a corner like that.

Comment

you look like Rich Christianson with a soul-patch

Comment

Working...
                                X