X

Corbin Seat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corbin Seat

Well after much thought, I finally purchased a Corbin seat. I paid $75 for it in once of the shops here.
    Attached Files

looks great!

Comment

You will like it............
      sigpic
      98 Katana 750 89 Katana 600
      Corbin Gunfighter & Scorpion Pipe

Comment

I'm really starting to like this seat, it does take some getting used to.

Comment

i really does make the bike look so much better too. great buy.

Comment

Hell of a buy. Enjoy!!
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

The cover looks a little loose, unless it's just the way the picture is lit.
              -Steve

sigpic
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

i bought my bike with a corbin seat. fantastic amounts of comfort.

Comment

Nice seat

Is a Corbin seat really worth the cost?
                  Last edited by buckshot; 12-17-2014, 06:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Depends on the type of riding your gonna do. I think they want just over $400 new. An average ride for me is 200 to 250 miles. I love my Corbin but I found mine for $56 and free shipping on ebay. It is not in perfect shape but still works great. It looks like someone tried to ride it like a skateboard. Another one of those things that look great from 10 feet away.

Comment

Around town the stock seat is fine, but on an annual trip from NY to New Hampshire and NY to New Jersey...the stock seat is brutal, thanks

Comment

I commute 100 miles/day - that's right around the distance a Corbin is noticeable. For a 1 day ride, not a huge difference. Day in and day out though, it's much better. And for longer rides, makes a wonderful difference. It DOES take some getting used to though. First week was weird for me and I wasn't sure I liked it.
                        1998 Katana 750
                        1992 Katana 1100
                        2006 Ninja 250

Comment

I've had Corbin seats on few different bikes I've owned, IMO they are little over-rated.

Sure they offer support, but at the cost of heavyweight, sometimes 6-8 lb. heavier than OEM seat, at/near the top of the bike.. which makes the bike feel top-heavy.

The cover of later Corbin models seem a bit slippery, combined with the "support", I tend to slide around on the seat more than others.

Earlier texured covers seem to offer better grip seating, but they are more prone to cracks over time.

My Katana came with a Suzuki factory gel seat, seems to be great for me on my twice weekly, 2-3 hour, 130 mile rides between PHL and NYC...

Comment

Will they fit 01 Katana 600?
                            2001 GSX600F Katana Yellow

Comment

Yep. Corbin makes models for tons of different bikes. Check out the website Corbin.com
                              1998 Katana 750
                              1992 Katana 1100
                              2006 Ninja 250

Comment

Working...
                              X