Motorcycle preferences between r6 gsxr and zx6r

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id love to have both, but I'm partial as well

The 675 that I rode was just too...smooth...my 636 is a brute and I love it
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I have a GSXr 600 too and honestly would much rather have my 675 for commuting. It has more torque due to the triple engine which I prefer for city riding as I commute on my bike. Though when I wish to open her up on the roads she is just as much at home.

As for fuel economy I get about the same on my 675, 600, old kat 600, and my old SV1000. All depends on the wrist honestly.
      I am a Penn State fanatic.
      Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
        As for fuel economy I get about the same on my 675, 600, old kat 600, and my old SV1000. All depends on the wrist honestly.
        Word, nice bike by the way. that blue and white looks sweet

Comment

Here is my 06 636... Picture sucks.. but if you've seen one stock blue 636 you've seen them all. Looking to upgrade the exhaust pretty soon.
          I'll try to take a better picture later.
          Basically all stock except for grips, and frame sliders.
          Has a few blemishes on the side from going down, nothing too bad.
          Last edited by pepceee; 01-23-2012, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Good choice on the 636 they are great bikes for the price. I never rode one before, but I did ride a 2010 ZX6r with the stock ohlins steering dampener. That bike has the most positive feeling front end I have ever felt! Before I bought my 95 VFR750 I had a 07 R6s which is basically an 03-04 R6. I only owned it for a year because I could not stand how peaky the engine was. The ergos were not bad just the clipons came down at a weird angle. I can agree why you wouldn't choose the R6 Scotty based on my own experiences of owning one.

As for the daytona 675 Triples and V4's are the best of both worlds where you don't exactly have to play magical gears in the twisties. My VFR750 has been my favorite bike out of the 3 I have owned so far partly because of that and ergos. Having a balanced power band unless your tracking the bike should become a priority after finding out if it ergonomically fits you or not.

Comment

636 ftw...best 600 class bike ever.

Still like the first gen like mine better than any 2nd gen I've ridden though...

Always good to see another 636 owner

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Just wondering, why wasn't a cbr in the potential line up? Btw nice 636 love the blue!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowFetus View Post
                  Just wondering, why wasn't a cbr in the potential line up?
                  Because who wants a cbr?

Comment

Whats wrong with a cbr?

Comment

Whats wrong with a cbr?
                      He was talking about 600s, now if it were liters the CBR would be in the mix.

Comment

Gotcha, but I was under the impression 600rrs were decent? What makes them worse than the others?

Comment

Gotcha, but I was under the impression 600rrs were decent? What makes them worse than the others?
                          When you're talking about race rep bikes, you're splitting hairs.

Kawasaki makes more power
                          Yamaha sucks under 10k rpms
                          The GSXR and CBR are great bikes, they're just kinda bland...nothing really stands out.

Comment

The 600rr class bike is the new UJM
                            -Steve

sigpic
                            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                              He was talking about 600s, now if it were liters the CBR would be in the mix.
                              +1. Cbr1000's are nice. I rode one a few days ago.

Comment

Whats wrong with a cbr?
                                The CBR600RR handles great and has decent low and midrange power for the street, but falls behind most of the other 600's at higher speeds/rpm's (in stock tune). The Kawi and GSX-R engines have consistently ranked higher than the rest of the inline 4's in magazine shootouts since at least 2004. For strictly street riding, any of the 600's with efi are a good choice, it's mainly just a matter of which bike fits you comfortably. The R6 engine has been weak at low to mid rpm for a long time, but if you can keep the rpm's and cornering speed up, they won't be left too far behind any other bike on the streets. For me the ZX and GSX-R feels like I am sitting "in" the bike (similar to the feel of a Katana), the R6 and CBR I feel like I am sitting "on" the bike, positioned up way too high to be comfortable.
                                John,
                                '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X