X

Who did lots of riding this season?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who did lots of riding this season?

I turned over 8,000 kms this summer. Its been a good season. How about you? Here are a couple pics of some of the roads I traveled.

Shots taken with iPhone 3Gs.

Last edited by katman1260; 10-06-2010, 05:14 PM.
    Kat Parts Clearance Selling Everything

There's some stunning views there!
    I think my year's mileage is probably ticking over about 7000m or so at the moment.. Estimating it to convert to about 13.5K kilometres by the snow of winter... Making the most before petrol prices forces cutting back on riding for pleasure too.

Comment

That first shot in Chilliwack is awesome.
      Ive got about 4000 miles. Not as much as I would like but had to make due with the weather given.

Comment

I also did about 8000km this season. Only one long trip, Toronto to Lake Superior, then to Manitoulin Island and return (2200km in 5 days) .
        The rest was commuting to work, weekend day rides and Friday night 'poser' rides with my Harley buddies.

Comment

Only rode about 3500 this season, been working too much
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I've done about 8000 miles this year. There are a few threads on here, with pics of where Free Coffee, JaxKat and myself have gone this year. Coffee and I also went to Kecksburg PA, for a little joy ride.

We went to Centralia PA...

And to Washington DC. No real awesome scenic views, but good rides, nontheless.
            ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
            チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
            Semper Fi

Comment

I'm around the 9000km mark. Got my M1 in 2nd week of march, dropped the bike at end of may and broke my collarbone. Got back on 2nd week on july and been riding to work and everywhere else I can think of. Got my M2 Aug 31st, so could start riding after dark!

All in all, I don't think I did too bad for my 1st year.

2006 Katana 750
              2001 Katana 750 (Deerhunter)
              2003 Mercury Marauder

Comment

Just passed 5,500 miles for this year primarily going to and from work and class. Gotta love Florida year-round riding
                "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and as sweet as love."

Comment

I did over 11,000 miles in a single trip this summer, and several thousand around town and on small trips.

Comment

Originally posted by kruzuki View Post
                    I also did about 8000km this season. Only one long trip, Toronto to Lake Superior, then to Manitoulin Island and return (2200km in 5 days) .
                    The rest was commuting to work, weekend day rides and Friday night 'poser' rides with my Harley buddies.
                    I used to do a yearly fishing trip up to Manitoulin for Pike.

Comment

by the way, these shots were taken with my iPone 3Gs, which doubles as my hands free phone and stereo while riding.

Comment

1300 miles since 8/6/10. I ride every day if weather is cooperative (meaning no snow). Since I work as a Social Worker, I get to go from home to home (on those glorious 70-80 degree days) and give those wee ones a thrill when the SW pulls up on the Kat.

Comment

I'm about to turn over 15K km shortly..... probably this weekend. We had a pretty good season... I was riding during the March Break, and having all summer off has it's benefits. I'm hoping to say "goodbye" to the "work-world' this year, and then I'll be definitely doing some serious miles....... just not sure what I want to do it on yet. Shopping...... or I'll keep riding the Ace. (YZF 1000r). It's been the most dependable bike I've ever owned.
                          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                          ------------------------------------------
                          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I only did 6000km , my jacket zipper broke off and im not getting it done in time for snow. Im going to double that distance next year I guess.
                            2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

Was real nice today so went for a run up the coast hwy.. enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                              X