No announcement yet.
X

GSXR750 or 1100 or GS1100ES

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FFS Ray you didnt read one of my posts properly so whats the point ?

I answered your posts from my OWN EXPERIANCE AND that of others better qualified to comment than you or myself, you just didnt read it !

MY original post was NOT about which engine was best for tuning, why dont you understand that ?

Not once did i disagree that the gs was a better stronger engine to tune, you didnt see that either

Nor did i mention heavy tuning of gsxr engines it was never the issue !

I simply stated my OPINION of the choices the fella has when buying one of the engines based on MY EXPERIANCE & you seem to have got a hair up your *** over that

END OF
    Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

I want to thank everyone for their input and I made the decision for the GS1100 motor.

It came with a crap load of spare parts including gearing in the bread bags near the cylinder. I got it for $500 bucks. I know I could have gotten it cheaper on Ebay if I waited but by time you add shipping it would be about the same.

The engine was running 3 weeks ago before getting pulled. Now to find the manual for this motor. I will be shrink wrapping it only it dries (raining out when I picked it up) to store until I am ready to get a builder to look at it and freshen it up a little.

I was going there to get the GSXR1100 but it looked in rougher shape.

Last edited by ukilme; 10-28-2009, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Attaboy. Nice.

Comment

MAN!! You SCORED if you got all of that for 500 bucks!!! SERIOUSLY!!!! Plus, you got the BEST platform to build from!!! Let me know if I can help, I do LOTS of these engines every year. Even if you just have questions, let me know or call me at 714-356-7845. Ray.
          85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

Great deal ..... :
            Last edited by BIGKAT1100; 10-28-2009, 08:51 PM.
            The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Originally posted by suzukiray View Post
              MAN!! You SCORED if you got all of that for 500 bucks!!! SERIOUSLY!!!! Plus, you got the BEST platform to build from!!! Let me know if I can help, I do LOTS of these engines every year. Even if you just have questions, let me know or call me at 714-356-7845. Ray.
              The cool thing is I always wanted a 'barn' fine. I just emailed the guy for his GSXR750 motor and there was no mention of this motor in the used ad.

When I walked into his basement and I saw the box beside the motor, I knew it was a good even if I have to rip it apart.

Thanks for the offer Ray, I will keep your number handy.

Right now, I will wrap the motor to protect it from humidity and work of the chassis.

Comment

Congrats on the find!

<<<<Jealous
                02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                90 GSXR 750/1216
                96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X