No announcement yet.
X

Day Two of the Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what ever happend to looking over your shoulder before switching lanes?

Comment

Sadistic, I am glad you are okay.

I have to agree with Meanstreak and TRinc...

Additionally:

I have not driven a stock vehicle (without addional mirrors) that did not have a blind spot. You can add mirrors, and cameras to cover the whole car (if you can check them all),or truck, but most people do not. Most of the people I have encountered in my driving life, do not look over their shoulder and do not expect anyone to be in the blind spots that are inherent in most vehicles.

Be proactive and try to predict what the others around you might do, it could save your life.
      AMA member # 224227

Comment

Drive as if they are trying to hit you! Be defensive. Never assume they see you.

Glad you are OK!
        Race On The Track ... Never On The Street

Comment

Most books I've read call it the "death spot" , and tell you to stay out of it . Lesson learned . Bummer .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter

BTW Kats look better naked!!!
            the kats do look pretty good naked. hmmm, i like naked. glad you're ok man!

Long Live the D

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
              In urban situations like this, I keep my left thumb on (over) the horn button and it goes down instantly whenever someone starts moving the wrong way... I figure still he won't see me at first, but he might get startled by the horn enough to yank back enough to avoid me.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet

I do that as well, but all too often the windows are up, the kids are yelling the radio is on and the cell is in their ear so their oblivious to everything they should be paying attention too.

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                HORN I do that as well, but all too often the windows are up, the kids are yelling the radio is on and the cell is in their ear so their oblivious to everything they should be paying attention too.
                Time for a horn upgrade :P

I know exactly where you're coming from...

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks again everyone, walking is still a little painful but I'll manage. The great thing outha this whole mess, I bike still runs like a dream. I took it to Daytona yesterday and the darn thing never gave me an ounce of trouble. If you haven't been to Daytona for bike week before, go. You won't regret it.

I have all the parts ordered for my bike so it should be back to normal by mid to end of next week.
                  1995 GSXF600 - Streetfighter in progress
                  1995 Eclipse GST ~ 260hp
                  1999 Yamaha R1
                  2004 CBR F4i - R.I.P.

Comment

Glad you are OK! The only thing I haven't seen mentioned is to ride offensively defensive. I don't even bother staying beside someone unless it's right beside their door, they have no choice but to see me then. And if somehow don't, I can pin the gas (room permitting of course) and get the f#%$ away from the idiot!! I also ride with my high beams on all day and I will flash it to from high to low several times if I think someone hasn't seen me! Luckily I haven't been side swiped like before and I believe it's becuase I don't stay where someone can't see me, like in front of them if possible, WAY in front!!
                    Less weight is more power!!

Comment

Working...
                    X