X

Katriders turns 10

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katriders turns 10

Sometime in September for 2014, the predecessor site to KR known as Katanaplanet.com shut down, apparently due to some dishonesty on the part of the forum administrator.

Shortly thereafter, a group of individuals got together and registered a new domain, katriders.com to fill the gap for folks riding Suzuki Katana Motorcycles.

KR was started and operated by several folks that included BraddaJim, Special K and Dee Dub. There were many changes and bumps in the first few years.

In 2006 I attended my first rally with my then girlfriend, now wife and met many of the KR "names" for the first time (WildKat, Char, SweetLou, Cyberpoet, etc). We had a great trip and I've been back every year since.

Due to some shifting priorities in 2006, Jim and Keith stepped away from the forum. With about 3 days before the domain was set to expire I received an email from Jim with the transfer of domain information. ZukiFred, HS2020 and myself took what they started and grew it into a larger base with a great membership.

I'll admit there have been some bumps over the years, but overall this is a great community with great people involved. I've made many new and good friends and unfortunately lost a few along the way as well.

Now since Suzuki discontinued the model in 2006, we've seen a steady drop in both activity and interest in these bikes, however members keep coming back to support us and that combined with our rather limited advertising campaign helps keep the lights on, and the server going.

I hope that in another 10 years I'm making a post about what a great 20 it's been. We'll celebrate the 10th Anniversary KR Rally in 2015, and hopefully I'll be able to focus some more attention on the site and give it some needed upgrades.

KR exists today solely because of the kindness and generosity of our members, although you'll find many of the long time members no longer ride Katana's any more
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

KatRiders isn't just for Riders of Kats anymore..
    I like to think of us as a community that welcomes all makes and models.
    As Steve has so well put it I hope we are around for another 10 years as KR has been there for me threw some bad times as well as the good.
    Thank you all for your friendship and support of KatRiders.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

" I hope that in another 10 years I'm making a post about what a great 20 it's been."

Thank you. That says it all.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

The next rally will be my first...I sure do hope it won't be the last. Kat riders is a great resource of info, and seems to be a great community of riders...no matter what we ride

Comment

Thanks for all the hard work keeping the site up and running. I love this place.
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

- Purplehaze
            All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

Well well well, KR is 10 years old! I see some of ya'll are still sportin the KR rally bars from back in the day...love that! Damn those were some good times!

I was on KP before it went down and one of the first to join up on KR way back in the day. So many good times, great rides together, and so many great friends made, all because the Kat brought everyone together and now the torch is still burning bright. Glad to see some familiar faces on here after all this time.

My beloved Gigi has been gone for a couple years now, but this place always holds a special place in my heart.
              Last edited by WildKat; 09-23-2014, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Matt. Don't be a stranger
                -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Wow, ten years. I remember how I found KR. I bought some stuff from Special K on eBay and he told me to check it out. A lot has happened in those 10 years, a lot.

Comment

Holy crap, Arsenic..long time no see!

Steves, how's it goin dude!

Anybody seen Sexwax recently? LOL, that dude always cracked me up!

Comment

here's to ten more years.
                      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran
                      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Thank you KR for all of the information and the great members on this site I dont post too much if at all but I am on this site everyday reading new threads and learning how to work on my kat as much as possible so thank you for keeping the site up and running and making all of this great info available for all of us!

Comment

I've heard rumors that sexwax has made several successful trips to Canada, after learning everyone's last name
                          -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Thanks to KR, I've met some really great people in person. This is truly a unique community whether or not we still ride Kats. What matters is that we all love to ride. I hope to meet more of you in the years ahead. Cheers brothers and sisters!
                            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                            ------------------------------------------
                            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Woot! Woot!
                              May not have many chances to be on here in the last couple years, but I love this place and the people.
                              1992- project katfighter
                              2005- GSXR750
                              2001- TL1000R
                              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                              www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                              KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                              KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Working...
                              X