Did I get the wrong chain ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I get the wrong chain ?

Hows it goin!

I just bought a chain & sprocket set off of ebay... here is the LISTING.
    The listing said it is specifically for my model and year(GSX1100F - 1993).
    However when I checked the back of the box the chain came in, it says this particular chain is for max 900cc motor.

The chain model that was sent to me is 530BMOR
    Here is a pic of the box the chain came in.

Will this work or should I try and send it back? The chain I have on my bike now needs to be changed soon.

thanks for your help!

JT is a decent sprocket, not sure who made the chain, the o-ring part is correct. Keep in mind your bike is quite old so HP and Torque will be lower compared to more modern bikes. I think you should be fine.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Thanks for the quick response bro. I'll feel better throwing it on now. The chain probably isnt of high quality, but I needed something quick and right now i'm low on cash. Will invest in a decent one as soon as I can.

Thanks again.

Comment

Yah dont have high expectations for the chian. You get what you pay for. I bought a volar chain a couple years back and it didnt last a whole riding season. Things to watch for is a rust red residue on the tire and around the rear sprocket. That means the chain is stretching and letting out its internal lubrication. Once that starts happening, its only a matter of time.
        My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
        2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Working...
        X