X

turning over really slow but full battery

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turning over really slow but full battery

ok so i did some work on my carbs today and after i put every back together i started my bike up and once i put it in gear it died. so i fould the kickstand wire and i hooked a ground wire up to it and then it wouldnt die. but no there is somthing wierd going on...when ever i try and start it it turns over really so and acts like the battary is low i know fur sure that the battery is fine and i even hooked it up at a battery charger... when i hold the start butten down for to long the black wires smoke... uggg i have a head ache
    Last edited by katana6001993; 09-23-2014, 01:27 AM.

Kickstand safety switch should have had two wires connected to it. To remove it from the system all you have to do is connect the wires to each other.

Perhaps since you have one grounded you are causing a short when you push the starter button? That should explain the slow cranking and melting wires.

Comment

I figured it out... when i was messing with carbs i unconnected the main ground wire and reconnected it to the negetive terminal..... my bike is back on the road thankfull

Comment

Originally posted by katana6001993 View Post
        I figured it out... when i was messing with carbs i unconnected the main ground wire and reconnected it to the negetive terminal..... my bike is back on the road thankfull
        what did we learn today boys and girls? glad it's fixed.
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

We learned...when you take something apart, pay attention.
          why.......do I not believe you?

Comment

Originally posted by lncoln View Post
            We learned...when you take something apart, pay attention.
            Why.. its easier to ask questions here...
            http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
            http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
            '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
            "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
            "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

Working...
            X