X

Dropped bike at 0 MHP!!!!!AHAHHHHHH

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropped bike at 0 MHP!!!!!AHAHHHHHH

So this past weekend went for a ride, came back home and right when i was about to get off the bike my right anke locked up with this crazy sharp pain and ended up dropping the bike on the right side. I felt so stupid cuz this happened on my drive way too. freakin ankle!!! i couldnt even pick it up myself. My brother had to help me!!! didnt know the kat was that fat. hurt by back during the process. Now i have a 1 inch paint chip on the faring, small scratch on the side of mirror and minor scratch on exhaust. Is this only happening to me??? Where can i get touch up paint?? now i cant get much out of my bike when i try selling it in the future cuz of the scratches!!! so madd!!!!! sorry guys just venting

Welcome to the I dropped my bike club..we have lots of members here

Comment

Sh it happens .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Welcome to the, I dropped my bike club, we have lots of members !!

Comment

I dropped mine too a few weeks ago. Backing out of a friends yard, didn't notice the small hole under the grass. Started to lean when I stepped in it, then over she went. I was so embarrased I went home.

Comment

Do you often have problems with your ankle? At least you had a good reason to drop the bike. It is not like you forgot to put down the kickstand.

Comment

I am a member of that club!

Mine just fell over with me 20 foot away. I also struggled to get it up. I was in a busy parking lot with a lot of people behind me. I would never look to see if they were watching me struggle to get the bike up. So embarressed! Sad ride home afterwards.

Comment

Dont worry about the scratches and cosmetic stuff..if it's that much of an issue, you can have the plastics repaired at very little cost. The mirror can be replaced if you feel the need, the exhaust may be able to be buffed out.

Rashed up plastics dont drop it in value all THAT much, having the bike cared for mechanically wise is the main issue, anybody who buys a bike knows stuff like that happens.

Comment

Yes, it's a heavy bike. Yes, people drop them...

Motorcycles always want to return to their natural state of rest, which happens to be lying on their sides...

As for the back issue: always lift with your back to the bike, using your legs' strength instead of your back. If there is anyone about, get them to help you.

PS - bike may be hard to start when you first get it back up, because the carbs will have drained their fuel. Switch to PRIME for 30 seconds, then back to ON before starting.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Its not a scratch, its character!

Comment

Originally posted by backdraft51185
                      www.color-rite.com

Welcome to the I dropped my bike club..we have lots of members here
                      it's a requirement, isn't it?

been there, done that. both my knees are shot and i have a steel plate in my ankle. so when the old lady (not my old lady...some geriatric in a parking lot) knocked my bike over a few weeks ago, i only got the 550lb beast half way up before grunting, "aide moi estie" to the idiots watching me.
                      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
                        Do you often have problems with your ankle? At least you had a good reason to drop the bike. It is not like you forgot to put down the kickstand.
                        On my old GPZ I did this twice. Thankfully, both times were without others around.

Comment

ordered my jar of touch up paint
                          kinda expensive i think!!#@##!@#

Comment

i painted mine and went for my first ride with the new paint an then it fell in my driveway.

Comment

Yeah, I did the same thing when I first got my bike, luckly I was almost on the grass and thats where she landed
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Working...
                              X