No announcement yet.
X

Getting it up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont have a center stand its easier to use a pitbull.

Comment

Am I the only one, who sits on the bike, like im at a red light, put my left foot on the centerstand arm, and pull back?

Comment

Originally posted by Gsxxx600
        Am I the only one, who sits on the bike, like im at a red light, put my left foot on the centerstand arm, and pull back?
        I can do that with the GF's ninja 500 (don't even have to pull, just press down firmly), but I can't do on the Kat... whether it's my height or strength or weight of the Kat or whatever, I have no clue...

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I actually think my height is the contributing factor...being 6'4'' I have alot of leverage when pulling back.

Comment

The solution! - how to get the bike up on the centre-stand

I found a solution that is so easy I posted it as a new thread, in order to assist someone doing a search. But here it is again:

I must be a genius or something. I came here earlier trying to get an idea of how to get my 03 kat600 up on the centre stand, as I simply could not figure it out, even after a friend showing me. Got all sorts of tips from the users here. Tried them, couldn't get it up. Damn thing is so heavy and I feared it would tip to its right side or worse, that I'd pull a muscle.

So, after trying many times to get it done as per the suggestions here (left foot on the stand, pull up with the right arm, etc), I took a step back and thought about it.
            The solution was right inside of my tool box.

Guys, this is so easy you'll hate yourself for not thinking 'bout it:

I used a one foot long plybar and it was a snap.

This is one of these foot long plybar that is about 1.5" wide that you find at any hardware store for a couple of bucks. As you place it on the floor facing down, it makes a nice little ramp. Place the flat end agains the rear tire (under the center of the bike, not under the license plate end) while the portion that pulls out nails is facing down towards the floor, making a ramp that raises a couple of inches.

Push the bike forward till the rear tire is right atop the highest portion of the crowbar. If you push it too far and the bike steps down, no biggie, just try again (it's not high so there's little chance to drop the bike). As the rear wheel is raised a couple of inches, do the usual step that you have tried many times before without success: place your foot on the centre stand and pull the handle with your right arm. It was so easy. That extra couple of inches made all the diff in the world. And this from someone that tried the old way many times to no avail.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I have tried several methods that have been posted that work for them but did not work for me. Finally I found a way that works for me. Left and Right hand on the saddle bar, Left foot on the centerstand. Steadingi the bike and raising some with my hands, most of the effort is pushing down with my Left foot. It is now a snap for me.

Comment

Yeah , I used to do that with my old cruiser . But the Katana is kinda tall for alot of people to do it that way .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Its all leverage and technique.. Ive seen people who weigh 130 lbs soaking wet put the bike up on a center stand no problem same as someone much taller and bigger.

Comment

Working...
                  X