X

SUCKS TO BE THIS GUY...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUCKS TO BE THIS GUY...

Lisa went out on a claim this morning and called to tell me that this guy's garage burned down, lost two cars, and the culprit is a CBR949.

Seems this guy bought a used 949 from a employee at a stealership (note that). Paid 6K. The guy tells him that he just replaced the battery 5 months ago and don't leave the key on because the it will drain the battery in a couple of minutes.

Hun??

Anyway, the guy picks it up, rides home. The next day he gets out and rides for a while then parks it in the garage (key off), and goes in for a nap. A little while later a neighbor comes banging on his door yelling that the garage is on fire. Total loss, all contents. Fire investigator prelim report says the fire started with the bike.

Sounds to me like there was something seriously wrong with the electrical when he bought it. And the battery draining, after a couple of minutes.... sounds fishy.
    sigpic

the fact that it was a 949 is fishy....929 perhaps....or a 954

Comment

Ok, smart-arse.... I'm tryin to multi-task over here.
      sigpic

Comment

Wow, that guy certainly should have clued in something is seriously wrong with the bike. However, it's unfortunate that he lost everything so he's got my sympathy.
        "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

wowser, that would put my arse in big DOGHOUSE w/ wifey if that happened to me.
          Ray - Thank you, may I have another?

Comment

(A) He was warned that it was defective in some sense by the seller.
            (B) It was virtually guaranteed to be sold as-is (the norm for used bikes and I can't imagine a dealership employee being dumb enough not to sell as-is on a private used sale).
            (C) My heart bleeds for him (honestly), but he's screwed unless he has really good fire coverage on his insurance (including such amenities as a place to stay while they raze/rebuild the house).

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I'll get Lisa to post up some more details. I told her the guy seems to be screwed. But I think the insurance is going to cover the claim for the garage and maybe the cars but not the bike. I think. Kinda.

I'll let her explain it.
              sigpic

Comment

Wow, if the battery was leaking at all you'd think he might have noticed it or smelled it if nothing else...but if you dont do a post trip of your bike or dont think to look for it and just get off the bike and forget about it I could see where it could be easily missed.

damn that really blows !!

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
                  Wow, if the battery was leaking at all you'd think he might have noticed it or smelled it if nothing else...but if you dont do a post trip of your bike or dont think to look for it and just get off the bike and forget about it I could see where it could be easily missed.

damn that really blows !!
                  sound like it had a dead short not a leaking battery but even then maybe left his jacket on the bike for some extra fire fuel.

Comment

That is what he gets for buying a Honda.
                    TiM

Comment

that sucks...sorry about the dude
                      ~ Don't let the ego ride your bike; keep the shiny side up ~

Comment

Originally posted by africanrider
                        that sucks...sorry about the dude

Hey AR! Long time no hear from!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X