X

What size nut?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size nut?

I tried searching and couldn't find anything. What size socket do I need for the engine sprocket nut on a '06 Kat 750?

Ron Ayers says it's a 20mm nut but it's way bigger than that.
    Black IS the fastest color!

out side hex for a socket is 32mm or 34mm i cant remember
    I have two gears to beat you with and four you will never see!"

don't knock masturbation its sex with someone i love

With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Comment

27mm should be right on a 98+ for the front sprocket nut.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

uuummm, the socket is 32mm, the ID is 20mm. I've got both right here, the tranny is sitting in a box by my desk, and the front sprocket parts are in a big box of random crap. I miced the nut and used a bolt gauge on the tranny. That's not what I THINK it is, that's what it is.
        Last edited by arsenic; 08-02-2008, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Then WTF is 27mm on the rear wheel or front sprocket? Malloc left one of his impact sockets here from when he did his chain, and I thought it was the one for the front sprocket (so I just looked at the socket).

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Yeah, It's not a 27 or 34. Must be a 32...figures, thats the one they don't have at the hardware store.

Comment

it's 32, I've used it a bunch of times. Ask anyone that was at the rally if it's 32mm (blazerzr2) (md86). It's 32mm 100% for sure. BTW before anyone tells you it does 1 1/4" DOES NOT work.

Comment

Originally posted by TT120 View Post
                Yeah, It's not a 27 or 34. Must be a 32...figures, thats the one they don't have at the hardware store.
                Try Sears.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

it is 32, trust me. go to autozone, give them $17 on the tool loaner. when your done you take it back and get every penny back.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, beer in one hand, cigarette in the other, your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WHO HOO what a ride"

Comment

Yup, 32mm.
                    Yup, Sears.

LOL

I got all new chain and sprockets now! I'm good for another 20,000.

Comment

Working...
                    X