X

time for leather pants?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time for leather pants?

so after reading Extreme Roadrash: Cause, Effect, and Lesson Learned in the lounge. i'm thinking about some leathers for my legs. i usually wear alpinestars or icon riding jeans. i'm sure they would hold up better than regular jeans in a crash. but after reading that story and seeing those pics. i think i want to upgrade. any opinions on leather pants as far as comfort (as the heavy jeans already make me sweat a lot) and a good price is always good too.
    carpe diem

You might want to consider perforated leather pants if you are already sweating in regular Jeans.
    Kyle

Comment

yeah, when i went to the leather jacket from mesh i went perf. not a terrible difference. i have to think perf. leather pants wouldn't be too bad. do leathers run the same size as regular jeans?
      carpe diem

Comment

My leather pants aren't perforated . As long as I'm moving , I'm ok . Actually it's my SHIRT that's damp when I get to work , and my jacket IS perforated .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

hmm. i wonder if under armour would help with that. so do leather pants run the same size as regular jeans? would something like Bohn bodyguard adventure pants under riding jeans be as effective as wearing leathers?
          carpe diem

Comment

Some makers run like jeans . They'll usually say when you go to order if you should order larger or whatnot . My Teknics fit close to my jean size , just a tad short .
            The underarmor is , of COURSE , better than just jeans . But the purpose of leather is abrasion resistance . The padding helps prevent bruises and such upon impact , and the leather helps if you go sliding down the road so you don't lose all your skin . What I'd worry about with the underarmor is wearing through the pads or stitching coming apart before coming to a stop .....

Comment

thanks md86. i think i'll check new enough for some full leather pants. my jacket buy from them went well. also my comment on www.UnderArmour.com was for perspiration under a leather jacket. i really do wonder if under armour works to keep you cool the way they say it does?
              carpe diem

Comment

But my leathers are ok . I've had them for ...... 3 years now ? Sure , they get hot in town in traffic , but as long as you can keep moving it ain't all that bad . And yeah , I wear them when it's up in the 90's , as it can get in this region .

Comment

I bought firstgear mesh over pants, kinda loose but almost full mesh for 100 degree heat. I also like the full side zippers so if I'm standing still off the bike I can get naked and really cool off, lol... I also bought a fieldsheer full mesh jacket which is great in the heat but if I could do it all over again I'd go with joe rocket gear, cool stuff and they make great short boots...
                  "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

Working...
                  X