X

should i install it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should i install it

I bought a dyno jet kit for my 94 750 and now i'm a little scared to install it on the bike after hearing all the bad stuff about it on hear. I was going to let a shop install it...... what should i do?

1) learn what a homonym is
    2) sell me your jet kit for $3.00
    3) buy a shop manual
    4) but a new jet kit
    5) install it yourself

Comment

hom·o·nym (hŏm'ə-nĭm', hō'mə-) Pronunciation Key
      n.

1. One of two or more words that have the same sound and often the same spelling but differ in meaning, such as bank (embankment) and bank (place where money is kept).
      1. A word used to designate several different things.
      2. A namesake.
      3. Biology A taxonomic name identical to one previously applied to a different species or genus and therefore unacceptable in its new use.

RIP - CyberPoet 20/09/2009

Comment

Originally posted by maxspek
        1) learn what a homonym is
        You mean like 'of' and 'have'....
        Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
        - Albert Einstein

Comment

Take it easy on the guy man, he didn't ask for an English lesson, he asked about a jet kit.

If you feel comfortable installing it yourself, then by all means, go for it, if you run into trouble, you've come to the right place to get help.

IMO, screw the dealer, if you are mechanically inclined whatsoever, a jet kit should be something you can handle.
          Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
          18v Rigid Drill
          Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
          New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

I would get it install professionally that way it would be done right and if they mess up they would be at fault

Comment

Having worked in the motor vehicle repair industry for well over30 years, I would say you have NO guarantee of correct installation just by having a so called pro do the install. Take your time and use a manual, you'll be fine. I personally don't like DynoJet kits though.

Also Maxspek, how do you "4) but a new jet kit ". Shouldn't that be spelled "butt" not "but" and wouldn't it be painful?

Comment

crap. now i look like an a-hole, bu(y) a new jet kit

Comment

Working...
                X