X

The Cycle Shell - worth the $$$?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cycle Shell - worth the $$$?

We're about to roll the resto-Kat out of my buddy's garage (his wife is thrilled). And, I don't have a garage. I understand the need to keep my new pet out of the elements - hell, if cover my grill religiously, image how I'll feel about something I REALLY like.

In the winter months, restoKat will be stored in a shed, safe from the elements, kids and anything else that might harm it - but, I can't do that during the riding months.

I was going to spend a few bucks and get a decent fitted cover that locks under the bike so it won't blow off. But then I stumbled across this thing.

Anyone ever had one, or even seen one?? Wonder if it's worth the $$$ to get into one of these.
    "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Sky has one..
    I think she gets her and her husbands bikes under it

Comment

When I look at something like that, I say "wow, that looks like a good idea." Then I think a little bit more about it and realize, that I probably wouldn't put up with the hassle more than once or twice.

What kind of "outside" do you have to park it in anyway?
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

What kind of "outside" do you have to park it in anyway?
        Right now, just the driveway, but was thinking about pouring myself a concrete pad on the side of the house.

Comment

looks easy to use

Comment

Yeah - it's the pricing that scares me... $375 for one of these...

Comment

You can go to Home Depot and get a small shed for under $500.00 - -that's what I did...I even put a sign over the door that says "KATHOUSE". I bought a wood kit that they had on sale - 9'x10' with barn style doors. had to assemble, paint and roof it but I think it was worth it. I had extra paint and steel roofing from my house so I didn't have alot of extra costs. Next year I am going to pour a concrete floor for it.

Comment

If you are going to all the trouble to build something, get the aluminum shed kit. They are cheaper, easier to put together, and you dont have to worry about painting or roofing it. You can pour a concrete floor for it if you want too.

This below may be a good solution for about the same price as the cycle shell. Plus you can use it for other stuff. It is 10 feet long and 4 feet wide.

http://www.homedepot.com/ search for Model YS410 (dont know why link won't work). They also have a 7 feet long one too.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

This below may be a good solution for about the same price as the cycle shell. Plus you can use it for other stuff. It is 10 feet long and 4 feet wide.
                  I built one of these for my mom. They're not bad.

We're hoping to build a garage (hopefully) in the next couple of years. Either that, or we're going to move to a place that has one. We turned our old garage into a master bedroom - didn't know how much I'd miss having the space.

Comment

Working...
                  X