X

In case you were not sure.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys,
    This is my first post. I'll try to throw up a pic of Ted's booth from the Toronto Show.
    Attached Files

Comment

glad to have you join us TSCC>

Nice bikes, wish I was there to see them in person.

We really would like your input into this forum, and I am sure you will enjoy the rest of the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Range
        glad to have you join us TSCC>

Nice bikes, wish I was there to see them in person.

We really would like your input into this forum, and I am sure you will enjoy the rest of the site.
        I'll input what I can. I'm not an expert by any means, just a fan of the early Kats.
        My current bike is my third K spread out over a 20 year period. Its not perfect but I'm working on it, thats most of the fun.

Comment

TSCC...the first picture is my Kat...it followed me home this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Range
            TSCC...the first picture is my Kat...it followed me home this summer.
            Nice bike. I like that hoop fork brace. This is mine. Its the last in line in the previous pic. I hadn't owned a bike in 10 years. Looked throught the Trader adds one night last spring (bike fever) and 2 days later it was in my garage....lol. Previous owner had done a restoration a few years ago. Its not correct for paint and a couple of parts are missing but it runs great. Now its got me looking for another. (want to do a stretch with big mill).

Oops, wont let me post another pic....

Comment

I would love to do a mild Streetfighter-style version or something that Waltari is currently doing.

mine is pretty much all original, couple of mild upgrades.

Will be nice to get all the old bikes together

Comment

For the first time in years I opted not to go to the January Bike Show in Toronto, too bad, I would have liked to have seen the Kats there!
                But then again had I known this site existed back then, I would have known that they were going to be there!

Comment

this is the Kat I built up in '96. Have since sold it and am looking for another basket case to rebuild.

Gammas and Katanas

Comment

I guess I can come here too!

Picked myself up an '86 750 pop-up this winter....without the pop-up.

I'm sure Mojoe and Range have already seen it over at the GS forum, but now I've lost the picture. Anyways, it looks like crap and barely runs, but it's getting a makeover very soon.
                    FrankenKat 1216
                    GS Fiter 816
                    GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                      and here is one slightly more expensive. It is stting on the dealer floor.....calling my name each and every day for the last 5-6 weeks. I try to ignore it cuz I have enough bikes as it is.....but I am getting weaker. If someone doesn't buy it soon, I think it will end up in my stable. It's 100% original with only 8k kms on it......or about 4800 miles. damn thing is barely broken in.

Hey Mojoe - which dealer was selling this one? I know someone here in Ontario who is looking for one similar.

I forwarded your contact info to him just in case you miss this.

-Grimmy
                      Race Superseries Novice Open, Amateur Superbike #224 Suzuki GSXR-1000

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmy
                        Originally posted by Mojoe
                        and here is one slightly more expensive. It is stting on the dealer floor.....calling my name each and every day for the last 5-6 weeks. I try to ignore it cuz I have enough bikes as it is.....but I am getting weaker. If someone doesn't buy it soon, I think it will end up in my stable. It's 100% original with only 8k kms on it......or about 4800 miles. damn thing is barely broken in.

Hey Mojoe - which dealer was selling this one? I know someone here in Ontario who is looking for one similar.

I forwarded your contact info to him just in case you miss this.

-Grimmy
                        tell your buddy he is too late. that bike is now sitting in my shop, all nice and purty.....just waiting to be taken out for a ride. I told ya if someone didn't buy it that I would not be able to resist. so, it is actually all yours fault that I had to buy it cuz no one else did.
                        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

That is purty!
                          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                          JOHN 16:33

Comment

antidive on early katanas

hi guys the little gold antidive on the front of the lower katana leg is another 80's wonder item does it work does it not i belive they work a little but nothing outstanding the pop up headlight katanas and the 85 -87 gsxr 750s here in australia all had them they worked or the pressure of the fork oil while the earlier ones ran off the brake fluid from the caliper
                            the pop up katana was out in 83 84 85 in australia while i think it was 84 85 86 in canada and the uk
                            hope this helps some
                            cheers
                            jezza'
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X