Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good.

Comment

Looks great!

question though, If you let the forks slide up, does it hit the holder on top? I believe I read another thread where the holes had to be drilled out a little bigger. am i right or wrong?
      myspace
      2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

can you go over curbs? if i dont come out of my drive just right i scrap as it is stock

Comment

wow noodlemice, that looks really nice. Hopefully I'll try this on mine this weekend or next, I'll probably shoot for about about 3/4in.

a better looking bike, better handling, not having to be on my tip toes... and all for free? why the hell not is all i can say....
          2002 GSX-R750
          2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

def does look good... is there a step by step picture by picture write up on this? sound straight forward but i would feel better doing it having it broken down step by stop... but maybe thats just me

Comment

Originally posted by Woody6799
              def does look good... is there a step by step picture by picture write up on this? sound straight forward but i would feel better doing it having it broken down step by stop... but maybe thats just me
              me too.

im just a little confused, when you loosen one side, arent they both sort of...connected still? aka wont move...i dont understand doing one side and then the other...
              2002 GSX-R750
              2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Jabara57
                Originally posted by Woody6799
                me too.

im just a little confused, when you loosen one side, arent they both sort of...connected still? aka wont move...i dont understand doing one side and then the other...
                Each shock tube is independent of the other. I did this last night, lowered the front exactly 1". Did left side first, then the right. I put the bike on the center stand and had my friend sit on the back seat to get the front up. Took about 20 minutes to do.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzy2005

Each shock tube is independent of the other. I did this last night, lowered the front exactly 1". Did left side first, then the right. I put the bike on the center stand and had my friend sit on the back seat to get the front up. Took about 20 minutes to do.

oh ok, that makes sense now, thanks
                  2002 GSX-R750
                  2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

Lowering the Kat

Dang...All this time I thought it was going to be difficult to lower my bike...But Damn it took 20 mins...I went to the lowest setting on the rear shock (tool provided in the tool kit) and went 1 1/2 " with the front (2 bolts on bottom and 1 on top) and a little stiffer so it doesn't bottom out...Thanks for the post. I tried the search on this before but couldn't find out how.
                    Don't Chase Um...Replace Um...

No It's Not Stolen...But That's How I Ride It...

Comment

I also did mine today. Lowered my front exactly 1 inch, might go a bit more in the future...

looks good, feels even better just sitting on it/walking around. Ill see how it rides tomorrow.
                      2002 GSX-R750
                      2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

Update: Bike handles a bit different. Lowereing it about an inch seems to have decreased the ammount of time from when I push on the bars to when the bike starts to lean. In other words, in stock form, it seemed to take a bit longer for inputs to take effect. It definetely quickened up the steering to where I could notice.
                        2002 GSX-R750
                        2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

hi everyone......just wondering if anyone else is bottoming out ....i lowered mine two weeks ago 1.25" and stiffin it to the hardest setting on top and everytime i go over a speed bump or my driveway it bottoms out.....did i do somethin wrong? any advice would help, thanks

Comment

I lowered mine exactly 1 inch. and i am only running 2/3 stiffness and i never come close to bottoming out mine. Then again i only weight 150lbs, so your weight may be a factor.

as far as i can tell....lowered one inch, i still have almost 3 inches of travel on my forks...
                            2002 GSX-R750
                            2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

Can anybody post pics as how to lower the bike exactly? Not mech incline though pics are sometimes 1K times better than words
                              Watch for your Guardian Angel
                              750 '04 Kat (blue)

Comment

Originally posted by LocoKat
                                Can anybody post pics as how to lower the bike exactly? Not mech incline though pics are sometimes 1K times better than words
                                Hi,

I was wondering the same thing,does anybody have pics
                                I need to lower the wifes, so she can ride it better!

Comment

Working...
                                X