X

Paintjob costs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paintjob costs?

What is the average price for a solid single color change? My Kat has a nice paintjob just want to change color to a light beige sand color. A local bike painter/mechanic/repair shop has a site that says $300-500 plus cost of primer $35 plus cost of paint $50-$150. $35 an hr for bodywork. That seems a little high, but I have no idea. I already took all the fairings off, I have 7 peices in my car I can just drop off at a shop but I dont want to get ripped off. Any suggestions on a price, not looking for pearl crazy paintjob. any advice is welcome and appreciated. -noodlemice

My paint was $550CAD....with all the prep work, decal removal on the tank, 3 coats of black, clear, and polishing. I'm also supposed to go back for a free followup session to tank care of any dull spots, touch ups, etc.
    FrankenKat 1216
    GS Fiter 816
    GSXR750! (race)

Comment

Re: Paintjob costs?

Originally posted by noodlemice
      $300-500 plus cost of primer $35 plus cost of paint $50-$150. $35 an hr for bodywork. -noodlemice
      that does seem abit high..but michigan and florida are two different places. goto a few places...get prices and see some work if u can. low prices are great but not if the work sucks. No midas!!!

Comment

That's not high. For a single color, that's probably about right. It'd be more for two colors or intricate graphics.
        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
        -Terence

Comment

$94 I painted it my self

Comment

Originally posted by andrehendricken
            $94 I painted it my self
            I also have done some painting but on a pocketbike. I work 6 days sometimes 7 a week so I just dont have the time to put in work but here's a super pocketbike I did to replicate a R1 theme. I won pocketbike of the month on pbp it kind of became famous then I sold it on Ebay for a grand. UPS completely destroyed it during shipping though
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X