X

stiff steering?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tubs26 View Post
    I've also learned that most other riders are hard asses and there aren't any forgiveness for lack of vocabulary or knowledge...and that they won't give you tips or help without making you feel like a complete dumbass while doing it
    I dont know if you are talking about this site's members or other riders in gernal. I've actually had a polar opposite response from other riders. Now HD "Bikers" yah they are generally douchey, and most of them dont know any more than you do. If you are getting flack for not knowing, and the people you associate with are letting you ride an unsafe machine, you need to find new riding buddies. Motorcycle riders usually share a comradery that supersedes friendship. Meaning you pull up to a fellow rider at the local parts store or market, chances are you arent going to be able to do what you set out to do without first having a conversation with the guy in the parking lot.

In a forum setting, you will have to understand that the scenario is a little different. It is impossible to spoon feed someone without ANY information. Most people that get flak on here because they ask a horribly general question without any information or having done their due diligence prior to making the post. I bet if any of the people on this forum were standing next to you looking at your bike and you fire off a "dumb" question most any of them would not hesitate to explain and physically show you but thats not possible on a forum.

9 times out of 10, if a fellow rider will not give you advise or share knowledge and in turn try to make you look dumb for not knowing, chances are they dont know either but want to make it look like they do but are too "cool" to teach you valuable information.

Ive had so many conversations with random strangers in public places (of the countless occurrences, ONE time it was an older HD rider). Hell, I even had a guy and his wife on a Brand Spanking New Yamaha R1 pass my bike out on the sidewalk in front of my house, loop around the block and come back and shoot the shit for 45 minutes just cuz he "used to have a katana too"
    Last edited by maniac1886; 10-22-2014, 01:57 PM.
    My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
    2007 GSXR 750

Comment

Working...
    X