X

At a crossroads...to fighter or not to fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At a crossroads...to fighter or not to fighter

Really cant decide if I should put the fairings back on, or street fighter it, the fairings arent bad, just need paint, and I'd need to get a windshield.

What do you guys think?
    street fighter?
    or restore it to a clean full fairing bike?

gitter

IMO Kats make ugly fighters unless A LOT of work is put into them. I vote plastics.
    Get over yourself. For me to think you are an idiot, I would first need to think of you.

sigpic

Comment

I agree. It takes a lot more work to make a decent fighter than it does to just fix the plastics.
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

That's for sure.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

ill 3rd that it does take more than most bikes depends on how quick you want her back onthe road

Comment

DITTO, DITTO , DITTO! Plastics ! Need Pictures PLEASE!

Comment

I'll post up some pictures of the plastics when I get home from work. Getting the bike back on the road quickly isnt a huge concern, I have another bike to ride and along with body work, the kat still needs brake lines/pads, and a good carb sync

The bike is red, so as far as paint goes, I was thinking of painting it flat black with a red stripe down the middle of the front fender, tank, and the little plastic piece under the headlight.

My main goal with this project is to not dump a whole lot of money into to get this thing back on the road.

Comment

first vote for fighter? i hate bodywork myself, and not to fond of plastics anyways. i love being able to drop my bike then just spray paint any frame scratches.

Comment

If I do fighter it, selling the plastics, fairing stay and headlight would fund part of the project....

Comment

I've seen some really cool builds on here that I wouldn't mind having a ride on.....but for a daily ride ..... go original.... probably less expensive in the long run and you'd get a better price for it if you chose to sell it. jmt
                    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                    ------------------------------------------
                    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Unless your gonna keep it, or plan to sell it real cheap then stick to original. The plastics arent too hard to fix, plus fighter builds take time, planning, knowledge, parts, money, and can give some serious headaches.
                      1992- project katfighter
                      2005- GSXR750
                      2001- TL1000R
                      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Katana fighters are pretty retarded. All go and no show usually imvolves having some go...pretentious.
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I vote keep the plastics like everyone says the fighter thing is time consuming to do, if u want it to look good

Comment

If all your plastics are in good nuff shape to fix and all mounting hardware is there and intact, stay with the body and fix it up. Only reason I went fighter or nakid on the one I'm working on is the JB welded plastics, missing mounts, melted belly fairing and bent headlught mount/fairing stay.
                            "The quickest way to change a persons mind on a subject is a 168 grain boat tail hollow point." 1*

Comment

I'm missing almost all the mounting hardware and the windshield, but other than that the plastics are all there....beat up, but there

Comment

Working...
                              X