X

started right up..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started right up..

about 2 months ago i posted about not starting my bike for a while and it fired right up. well since that time it has been sitting in an unheated shop and the temp here has been cold as hell. i had to change a headlight on my car, so i went to the shop to do it. i decided that i would make the effort to winterize the bike at the same time. one of the guys who has a shop next time mine was there when i decided i would see if it starts. as soon as i turned on the switch, he said, NEVER. so i applied the choke, pulled in the clutch and hit the starter. It actually turned over and almost fired up. the battery was dying out, so i gave it a minute before trying again. the next try....vrooom! the tank was almost empty, so I filled up up with some gas that i added stabalizer to, then road it around in the factory enough to make sure it got to the float bowls.

anyway...the moral of the story......those Yuasa batteries are pretty damn good. i bought it new in the spring, slapped it in the bike and rode. it has never seen a charger, until yesterday after i was all done playing around. for it to sit in this cold weather as long as it has and still be able to fire up my bike is pretty damn good, if you ask me. so if anyone is ever thinking of getting a new battery and not sure what brand to buy, you have my suggestion right here. i was impressed.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

thanks for the info dude

Comment

Yep, My yuasa battery has been in my Kat for 2 years and hasnt missed a beat. I love it and will definately be getting another one in the spring.

Comment

I've had similar stories using other batteries too , though . Nice to prove the other guy wrong though , ain't it .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
        X