Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

god i hate florida driver's bike laid down.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• god i hate florida driver's bike laid down.

anyways today i had my first fall.. it was either slam into the asshole who didn't use his breaks blinkers or anything pulling into his drive way just as it started to rain or B lay the bike down.. luckly on the side that already had damage was only going 25 i didn't get a scratch and with my bitch helmet on the left side it saved the bike from getting any more damage really sucked though i wanted to beat the shit out of the guy esspecaily when he got out of hsi car and was like OMG DID YOU LOOSE CONTROLL? i almost helmet clocked him but i told myself it wasn't worth it..

if you wana see the bike or the damage before this laydown.. http://photobucket.com/albums/d44/touchmywoody/ the original laydown was from my buddy who i was trying to teach ride. who layed it down at 60mph... ya thats his road rash there...

good thing is he's fixing it for me...

i must say though i have never fallen or layed my biek down before... its fallen over well my KAT did but never layed.. wasn't so bad i think the watery roads from the down poor helped a WHOLE lot though.. also 2 jackets one being leather and the helmet did something too.. ALWAYS WEAR PROTECTIVE GEAR GUYS ITS FOR A REASON!.

its scary though when you know you are going down this was me actually foring my bike down i basically hard leaned and jumped at the same time and to watch it slide 100 feet as you say OMG MY BIKE! makes you so angry then you goto it and look at the bitch helmet and notice its about 1/4 of an inch shaved down you feel much better lol..

either way its scary but was a good experiance i think..
    Woody
    http://www.nationalcyclesupply.net
    http://www.ncsupply.com

Shite! What is it about you Pinellas boys that you always go down? ( )

Does this mean you're not up for Sat Night? I had just sent you a PM saying my schedule cleared (my med procedure for the beginning of next week got bumped a bit)... The weather is still supposed to be good

Hope you're ok.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

So the guy slowed down to tuirn into his driveway with out turning on his blinker. This that what happened? Sorry to hear about the fall, but it sounds like you were too close.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
        So the guy slowed down to tuirn into his driveway with out turning on his blinker. This that what happened? Sorry to hear about the fall, but it sounds like you were too close.
        i would add, for the masses, always expect this. keep your focus and always plan an 'out'. if the situation is such that there is nowhere to go - then increase your following distance & practice your emergency breaking.

glad your OK
        tim

Comment

I get the feeling you should be singing that "gloom, despair and misery on me" song from hee-haw. If you are too young to remember that... forget I said it.

My current ride of choice

Comment

Yeah , you were following too close . You just learned the hard way . When it's raining , increase your following distance . And ALWAYS expect a car to do something stupid so you have a way out . It's rare when people around here would actually use their turn-signal in a situation like that , so you can't blame the other guy .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Could have been ALOT worse from your description. Glad you're ok !! Sometimes lessons learned the hard way are the best way. Good call on wearing the gear too !

Comment

Originally posted by Kanati
                I get the feeling you should be singing that "gloom, despair and misery on me" song from hee-haw. If you are too young to remember that... forget I said it.

OMG.... now I've got that song stuck in my head. Thanks a lot!

Sorry about the get off. It's good to give cages plenty of room, especially in the rain.
                sigpic

Comment

dammit dude, that sucks! i hate the way people drive around here... though it did pay for a custom paint job on my bike. but its still a pain in the ass! im glad you are unhurt. gear is the key... you seen me the other night, full gear, head to toe. the only way to ride. but yea i had to ride in the rain today. whats with this weather? anyways, if you need an extra hand fixin it up or anything, lemme know. then, we gotta hit the streets and raise some hell!

Comment

hehe i hear ya all i thought 15-25 feet would have been fine.. guess not i think it was my first instinct was hit the breaks but when your tires are sliding and you don't relise it then well what next you only got one more second to think ....

but yes i am ok.. to be honest the car never really slowed down let along break... just turned at like 25-30mph..
                    but all in all i am fine i always wear thick jeans don't have riding leathers yet but do have the jacket helmet and gloves so all is good with me..

jason we gotta hook up agin 559-7676
                    Woody
                    http://www.nationalcyclesupply.net
                    http://www.ncsupply.com

Comment

Working...
                    X