Suzuki GS500F Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WildKat
    Originally posted by sonny
    I didnt think the GS5** was considered a Katana.
    Its technically not considered a katana, it basically replaced what used to be the old gs500 bandits..

similar to this..

it basically replaced what used to be the old gs500 bandits..
    There never "Use to be" a GS500 Bandit

That is a 400 Bandit. No similarities at all. BTW...... the 400 bandit was the only one made that was water cooled also.

The GS500 was originaly sold in naked form only and now is fully faired. No, it's NOT a Katana, but rather still just a GS500. Compared to a Ninja 500, the Kawi is a better bike all around. If you use to have a Katana I would not recommend going to a 250 though since they are guttess and physically too small. Sure you can throuw them around, but they are tiny! Yes, I still have mine, but it's is really my daughter's bike.

Hey, both the 500's are excellent bikes, but the Kawi is better overall and the larger of the two. Get what you can afford.......
    Ron
    MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk
      There never "Use to be" a GS500 Bandit

That is a 400 Bandit. No similarities at all. BTW...... the 400 bandit was the only one made that was water cooled also.
      Not to mention that the Bandit 400 was an transverse 4-cylinder, not a parallel twin...

But we often kid that the newer GS500F is a "mini-Katana"... something that might have started cropping up around here about the time you deployed.

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Here she is:
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X