X

Rubbing compound recommedations?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubbing compound recommedations?

Found some unexplained fairing damage on the red beast the other day. It's a scratch under the right side mirror, about 2.5" long and .25" wide. The scratch itself is now black in color. Any suggestions for a rubbing compound that can get that black color outta there? I think once it's gone, the scratch will be barely noticeable. Thanks!
    2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

When I worked at GM we used 3m Finnesse it to buff out scratches. I don't know where you would find it, cause the only stuff i have I got it "one piece at a time". It does work really well though.

Comment

That black may be the color of the plastic under the paint... atleast that's the color of the plastic under mine.

Comment

Thanks, guys... I'm gonna try the rubbing compound thing first and see if that works, then try to become an amateur body and paint man if that doesn't work. Always wanted to learn how to do that anyway, and now I have no excuse!
        2005 Red Katana 600!

How y'all mom n' 'em?

Comment

Tutrle Wax makes anise compound as well. I have used it before, and plan on using it again very soon when Iw et sand the Orange Beast.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

meguiars makes a good series of professional coumpounds i have used them on my carmao and on my exhaust..
            Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Working...
            X