X

huge oil leak

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• huge oil leak

I have a huge oil leak from the oil cooling lines at the base of the engine for my 98 750 Kat. I need to go to the dealer for parts but am unsure what to ask for. Please help beaytiful weather on the way.

Honda Suzuki Kawasaki Yamaha OEM motorcycle atv and side by side parts with a full line of aftermarket accessories.

Check the fiche for your year and model.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

im not sure but the banjo bolts on the bottom of your oil cooler lines have lil bushing/gasket/washers on there and they could have rotted out and let loose, check thoes

Comment

Originally posted by duff daddy
        im not sure but the banjo bolts on the bottom of your oil cooler lines have lil bushing/gasket/washers on there and they could have rotted out and let loose, check thoes
        Yeah, I would think it would either be that, or the line itself. The lines may just need to be replaced.
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

thanks i picked up 2 o rings. hopefully that works if not i will let yas know.

Comment

When you pull it apart, check the hoses and what not. See how they are holding up. It is still not to old, so I guess I would imagine they would be in good condition still. Oil line is cheap if it needs to be replaced.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

there are acully two copper washers on each line that also my need to be replaced, there on the bottom of the line at the pick up. I had to replace mine when i had a leak from my lines
              The Katana's Big Brother
              1999 1200s StreetFighter Bandit

Comment

all fixed! all i needed was two cooper washers.

Comment

The copper "crush" gaskets can be
                  resurfaced. Use a file or sand paper to get rid of the "ring" cut in by the fitting.
                  Touch up with scotch brite and there you are..
                  This is only in a pinch mind you.. they are cheap enough to get extras when you need them..

Comment

So I have the same problem with my bike I presume because I cleaned everything and it's leaking from that right oil line bolt. Can you buy these copper rings at any store or should I go to an automotive store?

Comment

any where that sells them is ok.
                      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
                      X