X

Wileyco pipes fit???!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wileyco pipes fit???!!!

Hello. I ordered a wileyco exhaust on ebay and its on the way. I just wonder...... did anybody's pipe fit right the first time? I've read the post on getting it to fit, and am prepared to beat away. Did anybody's fit.......anyone......???
    Warning!! Will ride at anytime for no reason.

Suggest you use the search feature and search for WileyCo -- there's a 5 page thread on this topic, including the solutions that worked for various people.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

IT'S THE TOPIC THAT WON'T DIE!!!!

once again, it will fit. you have to remove the gasket from the collector and it may take some persuasion but it will fit. a tip I've read is to stick the midpipe in the freezer and then heat the collector and she'll go in like buttah.

Comment

Should of went with a Yoshimura!!!! Not a problem at all fit on right the fist time!!!! No beating with tools or heating and cooling to fit!!! cheaper is not always better!!!
        Lance
        2005 Kat 600

Comment

We just put one on my buddies 98 Kat 600 and all we had to do was remove the old gasket, slap some exhaust silicone on the new mid-pipe and bolt 'er up. She went on just fine and sounds sweet.
          2005 Aprilia RST1000
          2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
          1998 Chevy Tahoe
          www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

Originally posted by cancun black dog
            Should of went with a Yoshimura!!!! Not a problem at all fit on right the fist time!!!! No beating with tools or heating and cooling to fit!!! cheaper is not always better!!!
            That is a matter of opinion.

Wileyco SS slip on with shipping $130US
            Yosh with shipping $285 + $54shipping (to Canada) (from ebay)

$285+54=$339-$130=$209 difference (before taxes)

No offence, but that's almost a set of tires, a new sprocket and chain set or hell just $200 of mad money in my(well the wife's ) pocket.

For $200 (US no less) I don't mind having to put a bit of effort into making it fit. Although 90% of that effort was using the search function and reading, or the odd PM.

The Wileyco is a nice sounding pipe for a dirt cheap price, although I am still bummed I missed out on them when a batch went for $50 each a few years back on Ebay .
            Kyle

Comment

Thanks for the input everyone. I see there are plenty of people with these pipes on KR. Thats got me looking forward to getting mine on.

Comment

Hey Bigat06 put mine on last week,you wont be dissapointed! It took me 45 minutes but i was working in 20 degree weather! Got her on and started her up.Best sound for the money!

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
                  Originally posted by cancun black dog
                  That is a matter of opinion.

Wileyco SS slip on with shipping $130US
                  Yosh with shipping $285 + $54shipping (to Canada) (from ebay)

$285+54=$339-$130=$209 difference (before taxes)

No offence, but that's almost a set of tires, a new sprocket and chain set or hell just $200 of mad money in my(well the wife's ) pocket.

For $200 (US no less) I don't mind having to put a bit of effort into making it fit. Although 90% of that effort was using the search function and reading, or the odd PM.

The Wileyco is a nice sounding pipe for a dirt cheap price, although I am still bummed I missed out on them when a batch went for $50 each a few years back on Ebay .
                  Not to mention (and this is just my opinion) that Yoshis kind of sound like crap on a Kat.

Comment

Hey AHF were in Boston do you live? Are you going to the gap this year? I live in Rhode Island maybe we can hook up this summer and ride?

Comment

West of the city, near 495 & the Pike (01752). Gap is in the air...kind of like Range's feet when he's riding it.

Comment

I gotta agree with AHF. One of my friends has a yoshi on his 750 kat, and he doesn't like it much either. His is kind of raspy.

Comment

Working...
                        X