X

Signal cover generator/Crankcase cover

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signal cover generator/Crankcase cover

When i bought my second bike an 04 Katana 600 the previous owner dropped it on the right side and i noticed the crankcase cover was scratched up. I didnt think anything of it until i noticed it was leaking oil a little bit. So of course i searched on here and everybody was saying its probably the gasket is ripped or oil might be leaking through the cover. I looked at it closely and sure enough i could see the gasget was ripped without even taking it off. So i ordered the gasket and a cover and im gonna put it on tomorrow, but my question is it nessisary to put silcone around it as well or would the new gasket be just fine???

Last edited by Fyre; 07-28-2008, 09:32 AM.

if you have a gasket just use the gasket unless there is a wire pass tru with a grommet then you would want some honda-bond HT on that area only. if u use silicone on a gasket it can cause it to squeeze the gasket out. dont use clear silicone or orange silicone , sue honda-bond HT or permatex black silicone {cant remember exact name}. hope this helps

Comment

i put mine back together when i polished my covers and replaced a broken cover and used generic gasket sealant along with the new gaskets and my doesn't leak a drop....

but to each his own... some will say dont use it... some will swear by it....

i can deff agree wit goaty that honda-bond is some good ****......
      THE EMAIL BANDIT
      F4 I stunted out
      Cbr900 (low and stretched)
      MK III Jetta VR6 TURBO.....

Previously 93 Katana 750....

Comment

Paper gasket alone will seal when tightened properly. No need for silicone.

Theres zero oil pressure under that... just whatever spray comes off the crank as its spinning.
        If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
        Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

yeah, just the gasket is fine.

I was lazy and made a gasket outa Hight Temp RTV, haven't had any problems with that.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

So i switched my gasket and cover and waalaa no more oil leaks :mrgreen:. I was just wondering if anybody needs a Signal Generator Cover. The cover itself was fine, no cracks or anything besides the couple of scratches on the outside. It was just my gasket that was ripped. Price for it is $10 plus $5 shipping. Oh yea it came off an 04 Kat, so it should fit 98-06. Just send a PM if anybody wants it.
            Attached Files

Comment

it fit's 88-06, but it's silver 88-97 are black, but it fits none the less.

Comment

Working...
              X