X

HP and 0-60 info?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP and 0-60 info?

I've been going crazy trying to find information on horsepower and 0-60 times on a 2005-2006 Katana 600. Someone I work with asked me and I became curious. Anyone know the specs off hand or can link me to a site for them?

1 More Day till I pick up my bike! Supposed to get it today but 2 mechanics were "sick" and it could not get tuned and ready for me. Figures, its one of the most beautiful days we have had this year.

~78 HP (I think)

0-60 times are unknown because they vary so much with the rider (weight & skill)

Comment

I figured the 0-60 times depended on the rider but was unsure if there was a professional time posted. If anyone comes across one plz let me know. Thanks

Comment

0 - 60 I know its under 4.0. I have 3.6 in my head, but I dont think its right.
        67 hp at the rear wheel. Some one else will chime in.
        Is Effingham a swear word?

Comment

I think it's safe to say that the 0-60 on the stock bike with an "average" rider, you're looking at about 3.9-4.0 seconds, and the average stock machine is about 65-69HP, depending on how it's broken in.
          FrankenKat 1216
          GS Fiter 816
          GSXR750! (race)

Comment

here is a similar thread

Comment

Motorcycle Consumer News reports the 98+ Katana's statistics as follows:

Katana 600

Rear Wheel HP: 68.8
              Rear Wheel Torque: 37.4 ft/lbs
              0-60mph Time: 4.12 seconds

Katana 750

Rear Wheel HP: 84.6
              Rear Wheel Torque: 46.6 ft/lbs
              0-60mph Time: 3.52 seconds

I hope this helps.
              "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Remember when you pick up that new Kat, you have to post up pics

Comment

Thanks again for all the help. I plan on taking some snapshots right away and have them posted ASAP. Its an exciting feeling.

BTW thanks to all those that recommended the MSF course, I took it back in October. Although I know it is not designed to make you street-ready, they do have a very realistic teaching angle and you come out of the course with so much.

Comment

+1 on the MSF course

Remember you are invisible to cars.

Comment

Working...
                    X