X

mesh mod

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mesh mod

There was a thread on mesh mods that showed pix of step by step and materials needed to complete. I looked high and low for it. Can someone please forward that thread to me.

I am fairly new also but did you try a search for mesh mod or just mesh. That should bring up all the topics every had anything to do with mesh mods.
    Know your means and then ride within them.

Comment

Pretty straightforward really.

Home depot or lowes..get some gutter mesh or contractors mesh. Also pick up some JB Weld

Take off the fairings on both sides, measure the cutouts on the fairings or better yet, take a piece of paper and trace the outline, then cut that out and tape it to the mesh and cut out each piece of mesh to match the traced outline on your paper.

Lay each piece on, folding down the edges so it will sit in place exactly how you want it, making sure all parts of the cutout are coverd. Then just put the jb weld on each corner, and then a line of it along the edges that touch the inside of the fairings as well. Make sure all the mesh is going the same direction too. After you do it, let it set for atleast 24 hours..if u want you can put something heavy on each piece to help hold it down while it sets..but nothing too heavy so you dont put dents in the mesh.

Then put the fairing back on and ur done.

If you want to paint the mesh, of course do that before you put it on.

Comment

Working...
      X