X

Bike rebuild...lots of pics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike rebuild...lots of pics

Finally, after my initial buy on feb 6, 2009, wrecked on feb 12. messed up the fairings, turn signals, mirrors among other stuff. fixed what i had to, mirrors, and turn signals. got carbon fiber replacements. then just before my shoulder surgery replaced the levers with carbon fiber as well. wife recovered my seat with extra padding. now, replaced the bar ends carbon fiber and spikes, sanded and painted my wheels, getting new tires, metz z6, brakes from MOpower sports... thanks jimmy. ordered tire valves from Cyber, marc thanks for all the info. doing the 03+ tail conversion and last but not least my main fairings for the front and new tires will be here tomorrow.

now for the pics... hope you enjoy!

let me know what you think about the paint. it is a blue pearl but when it dries seems to dry very light, much lighter than the cap on the can.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by t.c.mitchell; 09-15-2009, 08:11 PM.
    R.I.P. Marc- You will be missed!

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

more pics

here are some more pics... the last one is my youngest on break!!!
    Attached Files

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Comment

looking good. good luck with the rebuild!
      Godspeed
      CSBA #1167
      Renew your mind with God's Word and His Spirit today! Let others see you walking and living by faith! Let yesterday go! God Bless!

Comment

Looks good! Keep us updated!
        02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
        90 GSXR 750/1216
        96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
        87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
        sigpic

Comment

here are some updated pics. will ahve more tomorrow as well. enjoy.
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice work on the rebuild!

Comment

NICE ! It's coming along very nicely indeed You'll have to be careful the first few rides out as that blue will add some hp - cause we all know blue is the fastest.
              2000 Katana 600
              2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Originally posted by Astro4x4 View Post
                NICE ! It's coming along very nicely indeed You'll have to be careful the first few rides out as that blue will add some hp - cause we all know blue is the fastest.
                yep, i'm sure it adds at least a good 10 or maybe 15 hp.

Comment

nice work. I am in the process of a rebuild too due to a bad wreck.
                  92 Kat 750 rebuild from dead 108 days and counting till i get my license BACK
                  01 mercury cougar
                  00 cougar black
                  sigpic

Comment

good work keep us updated

Comment

It is Finished!!

hey everyone, here are the finished pics of my bike. let me know what you think! Thanks to HS2020 for the brakes, Marc for the tire valves. Marc, that angle is the bomb!!

i know the tank doesn't match but i am still trying to decide if iwant to keep the dark blue or if i am going to spend the big bucks on the factory candy blue or not!
                      Attached Files

Comment

awesome

Looks great man! Good job.

Comment

Working...
                        X