X

I need a Carb Sync Tool (KC)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a Carb Sync Tool (KC)

Well, the local stealership wants $200 to do a "service check" on the Kat, which they are stating should cover the valve adjustment, a carb sync, etc.

The bike isn't running badly, but at 9,000 miles, it could probably use a tune up, as the only thing I know has been done to the bike EVER was new plugs and the D+D exhaust.

Is there anyone anywhere near the KC area who has any experience doing this type of work and has a carb sync tool? I would much rather learn to do this from someone who has the experience and tools vs. paying the stealership to do it. Depending on the level of difficulty, I would know if I should buy the necessary tools to do it myself in the future, and actually know what I was doing...

The tool is only about $100 and that's with the shipping.

Morgan Cartune II

Comment

$200 for a 7500 mile service is cheap -- most places get around $300-$320 for the valve adjustment, oil & filter change, etc. including supplies.

Buy the tools (including a torque wrench!), download the manual, learn to do the work yourself. The only place you really need someone else is to teach you how to use a feeler gauge accurately if you don't have experience using them.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

CP-

I don't think that included the oil & filter change (I just did it 1,000 miles ago anyway...), it just was for the valve adjustment and carb sync.

I want to do this myself, and am willing to buy the tools, I really would like a more "experienced" person around while I do it to make sure I don't screw it up.

I would hate to go from a bike that runs fine, but could use a tune up, to a bike that doesn't run at all because I messed up.

Comment

Keep searching -- there has to be someone within a few hundred miles of you who would be willing to help walk you through it the first time. Or, if you're coming to the rally, there will be a host of people there who will be happy to walk you through it & help you.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Well, I know for fact that 2 guys in the KC area (Olathe) both had their bikes carb sync'd, minor tune up, (plugs) and had a valve adjustment as well.
            Both guys have Kats, and the service was done at Smithers Customs in Olathe. I beleive they were very reasonable around the sum of $235-250 for all said above, and they are VERY reputable Suzuki lovers.

I would see if they would mind letting you view how they do the service, that way, in the future, you might be able to persue it yourself.

BTW, I miss my Kat. I have a currently downed 89 ZX600 now......trust me, I wish I could have my Kat back.
            My sig is boring.

Comment

Working...
            X