Katana Parts Availability?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana Parts Availability?

Howdy !
    I've always wanted an early 80s Kat and the other day saw a roached out one in a parking lot on the way to my in-laws.
    It's missing the front fairing but tank (painted an ugly shade of puke) seat (recovered poorly) & side panels are intact.
    I'm going to swing by tomorrow and leave a note on it to make an offer.
    If it sorta runs and has a title I'm going to try to own & restore it.

What is the parts availabilty like for these old rides?
    I'll probably want to take it back to original as much as possible with the exception of an exhaust.

Thanks.
    Brian
    Last edited by mtnduc; 01-23-2015, 01:27 PM.

They can still be found with patience, some parts can be tough. I really like the old katana's.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Hi Brian,
      Most of the parts are still available from Suzuki. Some of the big things, like the fairing and exhaust, are not.

I've been in the process of restoring an 82 GS1000sz for about 8 months now and everything so far has been from the dealer. I did buy an aftermarket front fairing from Japan and a used exhaust system from another member here.

I do have a few used parts that will be left over after the resto is finished - you didn't say what bike it is but you might be able to source some specific parts from other owners or from ebay.

BTW it looks like we live pretty close, let me know if you get the project maybe we can help each other out a bit?
      Last edited by flynbulldog; 01-23-2015, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Hello Brian, like bulldog wrote Ebay is where to go. I occasionally see hard to find parts on the if not Diablo ( forum member) has a container full of original Katana parts. I have bought parts from him and he is reasonable and the parts are as described.

Pics of the beast would be awesome!!!!

Sorry Brian it's Don Giablo not diablo....here is his photobucket site:
        Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!
        Last edited by sixdog; 01-23-2015, 03:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        79 Honda Red CBX, 79 Honda Silver CBX, 82 Suzuki 1000 Katana, 76 Kawasaki KZ900, 84 VF1000F, 07 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol, 95 CB1000 Big One, 1987 Hondaxl600R, 1978 Honda XL250S, 2006 Yamaha TW200

Comment

Working...
        X