X

Carb install question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carb install question

Reinstalling the carbs on my '94 600, but am not sure how far the carbs need to be pushed into the boots on the engine. There's a grove around the carb outlets, and that's right where the boots are up to now (and won't seem to go past). I was thinking they were on further before, but am not certain... Would like to confirm that I really need to keep pushing before I push too hard and break something!

They will only go to a certain depth. Watch the boot clamp on 2 and 3, they tend to hang the throttle if not installed to clear the throttle cam.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Grove on the carbs matches raised ridge on inside of the boots. You can measure both to verify they are seating correctly.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Got it. Really hard going until they suddenly popped into place! Good call on the throttle linkage too, I can see how that would be an issue (and may have been for me if you hadn't warned me)!

Comment

Working...
        X