X

Luggage

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luggage

I have a givi(i think) top box i'd like to use on the bike but obviously it has now rear rack to mount it to. What are my options here? Is there any small rear racks available out there or is it something i'm going to have to make?

Also any recommendations on a medium tank bag?
    mines a 06 750

thanks
    Last edited by SamB; 10-01-2015, 07:16 AM.
    2006 GSX750F
    2009 KTM 950 Super Enduro

Givi still make a monorack (at least they did last year) the only problem being that you lose the grab rail. You just need to make sure you buy the right top plate as there are a couple of different styles.

Comment

Not sure how you measure size but this is what I use www.rideicon.com/videos/icon-urban-tank-bag/ . I really like it, the only problem, it is not water proof.
      2002 750 Kat
      2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
      2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
      2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
      1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
      2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

yeah no bigger than that. i've got one for my ktm which is way too tall for something like the katana. I just see them tiny bags as a bit pointless. A bit like them chihauauhuahuaha handbag dogs. Kinda stupid lol!
        2006 GSX750F

Comment

So givi still do the rack it's listed as a fz530 and then you have to buy the base plate too.

I also managed to get a tankbag by roadgear for a bargain and it's just a nice size for day trips not too big.
          2006 GSX750F

Comment

I have the GIVI set-up on my 06 Kat, and I did not have to remove the grab bar to install the rack. I use a 35 liter Givi top case and a Joe Rocket Manta tank bag and can carry a fair amount of cargo between both. I do have a set of SW Motech saddle bag mounts for an SV which should fit the Kat without too much modding that I will add at some point so I can hang my Givi 41 side cases on when I really need to haul cargo.
            2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
            2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

I love the icon style tank bag but never bought it. I ended up going with a cheaper one off amazon... if you google tank bag. It's a pretty sick deal. I know you want to have more storage but if you're willing to compromise, the viking bags tank bag is good with havin your phone displayed with instructions. http://www.vikingbags.com/motorcycle-saddlebags.htm I think it's a little cheaper on amazon though
              Ride like your music, HARDCORE

Comment

Working...
              X