X

Master Cylinder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master Cylinder

I have 1990 1100 that has sat for the last year + and when I pulled the clutch lever in to start the bike today it had no resistance at all. The bike started after only a few tries and sounded good but back to the clutch. I changed the fluid and cleaned out the master cylinder (which had a lot of solid black gunk in it) in 2009 and rode it all season with no problems. I am thinking I need to rebuild the master cylinder. Does anyone know if there is a kit or what parts I need or even if there might be another problem. Any advice is appreciated as I have never had this problem with anything before.

If you bled it out right, you should have gotten pressure back. Sometimes there's air that gets trapped under the bango bolt and it can be a trick to pop it out without letting more in.

If you have component failure, odds are you need the piston cup kit over here. It's part #1 in the list:

Comment

Letting a hydraulic system sit still for a long time is really bad for it. You can try bleeding it but it's very possible you're going to have to do a rebuild, especially if it was already damaged by all that gunk you pulled out in '09.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Thanks. I am going to try a vacuum pump but I think I am going to have to rebuild the master cylinder. This is the first real problem I've had since new so I think Suzuki did a pretty good job. Maybe second, my turn signals stopped working two years ago but I haven't really looked in to that yet.

Comment

Working...
        X