No announcement yet.
X

Clutch Going bad??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I do believe I also require a clutch replacement. Being this is my first bike, what do I need to replace? Just the friction plates or the entire kit ie. friction, steel and springs? If it requires inspection to know what I would need, what do I look for? Do I measure the steels thickness on each plate? Is there a spec for the spring as in height or tension strength?

Thanks in advance guys.

Comment

The manual has all that information...
      Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
      From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
      this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
        The manual has all that information...
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=138096

Thanks.....I lost my manual when my computer crashed. Its nice to have one again.

Comment

So i played with the clutch adjustment on my clutch lever on my way to work today...lol..and like Kreylyn, 92xjunker and everyoen else said "is the adjustment correct"..well the adjustment was not correct . After slowly doing two whole circles on the clutch lever adjustment I now have all the power back and no more slipping. I just kept turning until I felt like i would be unable to get into or out of gear then eased it back a little.

Thank you very much Kreylyn, 92xjunker and everyone else for the help!!

Comment

Working...
          X