X

Cheap fix needed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap fix needed

Ok so exhaust pops when getting on and letting off the throttle. Exhaust leak. Once I finally found the source of the leak I found out the exhaust can has a huge crack in it.

Now keep in mind im broke, and this is my first motorcycle I can call mine. I know a new can and mid pipe would more than likely fix the exhaust leak, but like I said, I'm broke.
    Could I get away with a straight pipe with internal baffle. Can I put a glass pack on it?

All help is appreciated, thanks

JB weld That bitch.....
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

I'm not that cheap lmao

Comment

They do have metal based JB. Sand it smooth paint and go. Either that or have a welder TIG it for you.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

You got pics of the problem area?

I'm not that far away, might be able to help out with a resolution if I know where the issue is.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I'm in north Knox. Buuut, I got impatient and chopped off the muffler at the mid-pipe. Ima throw a glass pack on it either tomoro or thursday. Get your laughs in now cuz ima post some pics after it's done. As well as a link for the video.

Comment

Why do I think this isn't going to end well.....

Comment

We've seen that before....
                spammer police
                USAF veteran

Comment

Just from the Avatar picture, it looks like you've already got a 4 in to 1 header. If thats true, then it may have a jet kit already installed. If not, then you're probably going to lean out. That may explain some of the initial popping noise you were experiencing to begin with I'd look on Craigslist for a parts bike. I bet you can find a cheap stock, dual exhaust for really cheap.
                  EDIT: If you don't fix it right, then your going to destroy your motor. That popping is toasting your cylinder walls and rings. Common newby mistake, putting aftermarket exhaust without a jet kit.
                  Last edited by katanarider; 04-19-2017, 11:15 PM.
                  My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
                  http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

Yup still popping. Sounds dope if it wasn't popping. So I'm guessing I should get a jet kit. Or should i clean an out real good before going ahead with the jetting

Comment

Factory pro stage 1 "jet kit" would be your fix
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

Greatly appreciated. Now should i give this a go or take it to my local shop. I'm pretty confident I could do it, but I've never jetted carbs. Plus I'm worried about the shop charging me an arm and a leg.

Comment

It comes with instructions. Not hard to install, tuning can be a pain, worse if the carbs aren't functioning properly to begin with.
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran

Comment

Is that a 4 into 1 exhaust or not ? If so, then just put stock exhaust back on it and call it done...hopefully thats all it will take.
                            If it still pops, then continue with carb work.
                            You said you didn't have much money...Ebay, Katriders, & Craigslist are your friends.

You'll probably have to spend more money that you'd imagine if you start messing with the carbs. If you don't have the cash like that, maybe you'll have to wait till next season. Like I said, start with stock exhaust. If you ride the bike with it popping, your going to fry the engine and won't have anything at all.
                            My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
                            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

It is a 4 to 1. What did you set the A/F screws at? Should be no more than 2.5. +- 1/4 Anything more you still have a pilot circuit still gummed up.
                              spammer police
                              USAF veteran

Comment

Working...
                              X