Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Cant Get Front Fairing over front wheel off!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant Get Front Fairing over front wheel off!!!!!

This is driving me crazy. I am painting my bike but cant get off the front fairing over the wheel. I see the four hex screws but they just turn and dont come out. Do I have to take the wheel off????!?!?

Yep, easiest way is to take the front wheel off. Remember to take off the brakes also.
    sigpic

Comment

You'll have to take the wheel off, or have tiny hands that fit between the wheel and the fender.
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Even if you can get your midget hands between the wheel and fender to remove the four nuts, the shape of the fender makes it impossible to remove with the wheel on. It only slides straight down the forks if I remember right. At least on the 98+.
        sigpic

Comment

ok that makes sense. Is it hard to get the wheel off. any special tools??

Comment

Not really. Just prop the front of your bike up (I use blocks of wood under the oil pan). Remove your front reflectors and take off the two bolt that hold your brakes onto the forks (two for each brake). After that, remove the cotter pin that is keeping your axle nut on and then remove the nut. The axle will slide right out. Takes about 5 min. Good luck.
            sigpic

Comment

I think it is a 8mm nut that hold those on. I can't remeber exactly, I know it was small. I seen someone on here had JB welded the nuts on after they took it off so they could remove it without taking the tire off, just able to unscrew the top. That was a helleva idea!!!
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Would it be possible to just deflate the front tire? Would that give enough space to get at those nuts?

Comment

It takes literally like 10 minutes to pull the front wheel off.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Yeah, don't be scared to remove the wheel. Really, it's no big deal, and I promise you will have to do it at some point so just get it over with and gain the experience.
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't have to remove my wheel to get the fender off. not sure what year bike you have, two bolts in the back have a square nut inside. the nut fits in a groove, you just stick you finger in there so it doesn't rotate and the bolt will eventually come off. but I have an '06. my fender bolts from the sides
                      Last edited by Mat0302; 07-31-2008, 12:52 PM.
                      myspace
                      2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

I had to take the front wheel off mine too...it's not that hard. In fact, once you have it off, you'll wonder why you didn't just do it in the first place!
                        -
                        -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

yeah put it up on the middle stand and pull the front wheel off dont worry about it, not hard to do!
                          Two Bros Racing Exhaust (Slip on)
                          Polished grab bar and bar clamp

Comment

Working...
                          X