Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

which t on the carbs is for the fuel line?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which t on the carbs is for the fuel line?

Cleaning the carbs on my pre 98' and I wasn't payin attention when I pulled the fuel lines and breather lines, which are which? There are two sets of tee's one brown one black, brown are the lowers, black are the uppers, which do i put the fuel lines fron the petcock too?
    If your paddleing up steam and a wheel falls of. How many pancakes fit in a dog house??......

None stupid!...... Ice cream doesn’t have bones!

The bottom ones are for your fuel lines. The top are the breather ones.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020
      The bottom ones are for your fuel lines. The top are the breather ones.

Like I said.. The hardest ones to get to..

Comment

well what happens when you put the fuel lines to the breather lines and run the bike, and fuel spits out from the the other two lines? lol
        If your paddleing up steam and a wheel falls of. How many pancakes fit in a dog house??......

Comment

Originally posted by katanafuz
          well what happens when you put the fuel lines to the breather lines and run the bike, and fuel spits out from the the other two lines? lol
          You go open a beer..

Comment

that don't sound like a good response, sounds to me like i ruined something, or do i need to rip them apart again and start cleaning?

Comment

that don't sound like a good response, sounds to me like i ruined something, or do i need to rip them apart again and start cleaning?
              Nah you pop open a beer sit back and give it another try...

It might cough fuel after you put them right but I don't think you damaged anything..

Comment

good deal I went home redid everything ran it for a few minutes and it was nice, but time to get new o-rings for the air/fuel mixture screws one is leaking...

Comment

good deal I went home redid everything ran it for a few minutes and it was nice, but time to get new o-rings for the air/fuel mixture screws one is leaking...
                  Yes. those are critical!

Comment

I just ordered all new gaskets, o-rings and washers, and I have one last question, when i got the bike the kid put a hollowed out V&H slip on, would it be ok to jet the carbs with that pipe the way it is? Considering it isn't stock!

Comment

Since you have a V&H slip on that means you also have a header.. Stock pre98 exhaust is 4 into 2.
                      So jetting should have been done already.
                      (Commonly ignored.) I would pull the jets to see.
                      If you pull the top cap you can get out the needle jet and see if it is after market. An after market needle will have several grooves and a clip to adjust the position

Comment

no it don't have adjustable grooves, so i guess I'll jet it. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                          Yes. those are critical!
                          Yeah , I replaced one of mine last weekend . Was actually missing a CHUNK that was probably 1/5 of the o-ring .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

same thing here, the o-ring fell out in three pieces.. lol

Comment

Working...
                            X