Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

What's the best exhaust for a 98+ Katana 600? Yoshimura RS3?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best exhaust for a 98+ Katana 600? Yoshimura RS3?

What's the best exhaust for a 98+ Katana 600? Yoshimura RS3?

Can anyone explain the difference between a slip-on and a regular exhaust? also, are these things easy to install?

(I tried searching the other threads for the relevant info, but didn't quite find the answers to these questions)

Thanks

ask ten people that question, and you might get ten different answers. go with the one you can afford that you like the looks of best. but do a search for exhaust sounds first because some are alot louder than others. d&d is the loudest from what I've heard.

a slip on is basically a midpipe and muffler. you reuse the bikes factory header. a full system includes a new header and requires that you rejet the bike.

Comment

There are lots of exhaust opinions, even sound clips, in the Mechanics 101 forum.

Comment

I just put a yoshi rs3 slip on on my 05 kat 600. It was a snap to install and sounds great!!!!!! A little louder that stock...but not much (wont piss off your neighbors)...gave it a deeper, sportier sound. I also put on a new set of Diablo's on the same day and I swear that between the tires and the pipe, I swear I think I gained 5hp???

Anywho...I would personally recommend the yoshi, but depending on what sound and look you are going for, it's purely a personal preference.

Larry

Comment

where's the cheapest place to get a yoshi slip-on?

Comment

Ebay

You can find exhausts for katana's at many of your online parts stores as well. indysuperbikes has them last time I checked, www.motorcycle-superstore.com has them as well. A google search will yield you even more good results.

Comment

I'm glad someone started this thread. I also want to put a pipe on my 04 Kat. My questions:

Does a slip on affect the exhaust any.
              Would it be better to get a full exhaust vs. a slip on if I can afford it?
              Can an amature install these?
              Do slip ons give you more hp?
              Popcorn Love

Comment

I already have a slip-on I need a header where can I get one?
                here's some southerly advice that may come in handy down the road a piece... Next time you are too drunk to drive, walk to the nearest pizza shop and place a delivery order. When they go to deliver it, catch a ride home with them.
                http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/dragkota98/

Comment

Originally posted by Popcorn
                  I'm glad someone started this thread. I also want to put a pipe on my 04 Kat. My questions:

Does a slip on affect the exhaust any.
                  Would it be better to get a full exhaust vs. a slip on if I can afford it?
                  Can an amature install these?
                  Do slip ons give you more hp?
                  Makes it louder
                  Full exhuast gives you a good power boost AND cuts ALOT of weight
                  Yes , with the right tools and provided nothing goes wrong
                  Depends on whom you talk to
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                  X