X

Whats the worst, "Oh &%$#@ " moment you had th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trinc
    ( by way of skyline & cornelius pass rd ).
    I also had my 'moment' on Skyline this year...pretty noob like really, it was a perfect summer day with clear roads...I just took a corner to hot, which turned out to be a decreasing radial, and my rear went into some gravel off the outside of the turn and I stopped.. Scared the crap outa me.

My 'Oh SH**' moment on a sailboat was even better. Columbia river, 15 knot winds. I was on a very high tech race boat...Carbon Fiber/Fiberglass only. It only weighed a little over a 1000 lbs for a 24 foot boat. We were going about 12 knots and 'had some problems' (complicated..ask if you really wanna know), and hit a Ranger 20 right smack in the middle of their boat, nearly slicing it in half!

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
      That was the day we all did the dragon run, Nick and I had to wait for traffic to clear (I think) before we could follow the rest. The main group was a minute or so ahead for some reason.
      I did not think that they were that far ahead of us at the time. We had pulled out of the CROT and there was the truck. I thought that the rest of the group had gotten by before the truck swung all the way across the lanes. Then again you are probably right. All I know is that I was not at all happy to see that truck.

Comment

where do i begin? haha.

#1 one of my first wheelies, came down hard at about 35mph, with the handle bars turned all the way to the right. whipped the bike back and forth into a mean wobble... then just straightened out and i rode home. interesting.

#2 about two weeks ago i was railing some 90* turns and i slipped the rear because of too much speed/lean/throttle.. around a turn... i went sooooo far over ... the side of my boot made contact and almost wore through the leather (hurt my foot!) and folded the peg all the way up and wore it down a bit... i corrected it and went slow through the rest of the turns.

Comment

Following Charlie and witnessing HER oh **** moment . That was probably worse than Following Range and witnessing HIS oh **** moment .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
            Following Charlie and witnessing HER oh **** moment . That was probably worse than Following Range and witnessing HIS oh **** moment .
            Yeah I can see that, Range after all had already praticed crashing the year before .
            Kyle

Comment

Riding out in the suburban streets at dusk (around 55mph) and a deer ran across the road about 20ft ahead of me. I grabbed a handful of front brake and proceeded into my 1st tankslapper at 50mph - it wasn't fun and scared the crap outta me!
              "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

Down at the rally on that 4 hour ride that somehow turned into an 8 hour ride when we stopped to eat in that small town, crap I cant think of the name..it wasnt robbinsville I dont think..but anyways riding along heading to find a place to eat since we were way behind schedule to get back in time to meet the others in the dining room.. and riding thru an indian reservation w/ my mohawk on my helmet and gettin alot of dirty looks from some local native americans

Comment

Deals Gap last January about two weeks before deploying to Iraq, me and the Bandit had a bit of a whoopsie..........

Ron
                  MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Not realizing someone had screwed with my throttle lock at a stop on one of the KR rally runs... then accidentally jacking the throttle on too hard (& not having it release when expected) -- followed by closely zipping past a couple guys who weren't expecting me there -- not to mention I wasn't expecting it either. I apologized to everyone involved that day.

Oh, and getting very overheated on the run up to the rally... Bit woozey-stupid type overheated (dehydrated)...

Other than that, it has been a pleasantly uneventful year (I don't count the numerous attempts to lane change on top of me and other standard everyday occurances any more since they don't catch me by surprise).

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Rode right into a tornato/hail storm on my way to Americade this past June. It sucked!I wasnt the only one though. couple of beers after and actually thought it was pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by woobie
                        Originally posted by md86
                        Yeah I can see that, Range after all had already praticed crashing the year before .
                        Well , he went down pretty easy it looked like . I was surprised he'd broken his wrist . But watching Charlie panic (I could see it before she even went off course) and head straight for the gaurdrail on top of the Skyway , then roll a few times before stopping , that was scarier .
                        Originally posted by cyberpoet
                        Not realizing someone had screwed with my throttle lock at a stop on one of the KR rally runs... then accidentally jacking the throttle on too hard (& not having it release when expected) -- followed by closely zipping past a couple guys who weren't expecting me there -- not to mention I wasn't expecting it either. I apologized to everyone involved that day. [
                        yeah , I remember yelling at you about the "squidly passing maneuver" .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Riding back country roads, came out of a blind corner to meet Billy Bob Farmer with his tractor and hay trailer in tow. The bad thing is the fool had extra large round bails sticking out both sides, and riding smack dab down the middle of the road.

Heavy braking and a swerve to the grassy side of the road. Farmer stops and has the nerve to ask, why I swerved. Told the idiot to look at his trailer, wth was I to go. It dawned on him at that second he was taking up the whole road. A few quick apologies and he got out of the are real quick

The sad part is, he continued to haul hay all summer long the same way.
                          One project done, now on to the next few!!
                          Explanation to girlfriend," I could be blowing time and money on strippers and booze!!!"

"Ahhh! The bliss of retirement and being broke all at the same time!!"

Comment

The washout lowside leaving my old job and heading my interview for the new job in October. I completely busted up the rightside of the bike. I came out of it with just a rasberry on my left knee and my pride was very hurt.

On a side note, my worst moment this year had nothing to do with riding or crashing my bike. It is alot worse than any of us want to know!!!!
                            TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                            Who knows what is next?
                            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Had a couple of minor ones, one at the rally, one at the KY rally, nothing major though...........

But here's my top one:

My first bike wreck in 33 years of riding............this is what I get for bragging about all those years of no accidents: Severely fractured right collar bone, out of commission for 14-16 weeks. Photos posted somewhere on here...........so pissed I sold bike! (See: TOOBALICIOUS)
                              I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                              Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                              Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I let some one else ride my bike. what was I thinking????

Bob

Pre 98's Rock!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1593731870

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyma

Comment

Working...
                                X