No announcement yet.
X

Mr. On Time's build

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tekgnome, are you sure you didnt just change your rear end angle. With a heavier motor you may have squatted more and leveled out the rear end, then with a larger tire and rim you raised it back up and brought it into a working area. The tires have alot to do with suspention setup and how the bike acts. Put a larger tire on and dont lower the bike back and it doesnt wanna turn, a wider tire means more lean angle in a turn. For me and the extra set of rims i have off of ? The hubs wont interchange and it would be more work than its worth on a bike that doesnt really need the bigger tire. Maybe if/when i swap in a newer 1000 motor i will do this.
    We may not always win the game, but we never lose the party.

Comment

Tekgnomes bike is a 750 frame.
      Yours is a 1100.
      Follow my directions in my link. I messed up and told you to use the Kat-1100 hub on the GSXR wheel. Use the GSXR hub with all the K-11 hardware, including the sprocket bolts. Like I said, look at my link...post #1 & #3
      You can fit a 180 tire !
      My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

The wheel i have has sprocket studs that are set in, they would hit. If i were to do a swap for the rear i would use the swingarm that the wheel actually fits, that i also have. The thing is i dont wanna swap the rear tire. It would in all probability make the bike alot less fun to ride. But now i have a serious problem anyways. I cant decide on which muffler to get, the honda cbr would fit under the rear..... but a ducati monster would give me yet another bike on the list of donor bikes ans probably sound awesome...n

Comment

ok, I'm lost...what ever you say then.

Comment

I never wanted to swap for a 17" rear. Its easy to buy 16" rear tires, its hard to find 16" fronts. I did say i would confirm wheather or not the gsxr 750 rim would be a direct fit, its not. You could probably make it fit if you tried. But i ride on alot of back country roads and a more nimble bike is an attribute when there are deer and turtles and potholes.

Comment

I have no issue on my 180 on curvy roads... Jus sayn.

Seriously, proper rim with the 180, not really a major issue.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I allready bought a rear tire though guys. Lmao i feel like im being peer pressured. Wheres the tire? Ill smoke it. After i use up this tire i may be down for a swap, the rims are cheap on flea bay so its not a money issue. I just dont wanna waste a brand new tire mostly.

Comment

I spent another 140 buck on the bike today. I ordered a rear shock.... not an R6 based on some number crunching and for want of a newer shock i went with a 2016 kawasaki zr6 shock. It has all the things i desire in a shock, full adjustability, rings for infinite adjustment as opposed to the presets, and the correct style connetions for the dogbone and frame.. i also got a yoshimura can that was spraypainted gold and some 5" ngk stickers lol. Not a bad haul for 140.... i almost went with a micron can but.... love that yoshi sound

Comment

Let us know what it takes to get that zr6 shock in. If it's a drop in, I imagine there would be several people interested in pursuing that.
                    1998 Katana 750
                    1992 Katana 1100
                    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Yeah i figured. When it arrives ill give measurements and pics and what it takes to mount it. I paid 58.00 for the shock on ebay, there were some for 55 without the bolts and description. I figured it was worth three bucks for the bolts and to know its a 2015 off a bike with 5200 miles on it. The weight really got me, the r6 is light.... like light light. If the yamamha doesnt work i have my eye on the cbr 1000rr shock which is only 20 bucks on average.

Comment

new shoes, new shoes.... put em both on myself, this bike is really growing on me. P.s. i lowered the seat some, which moved my feet, which made me wanna lower my shiftknob, which made me see that the oem pegs suck. Im fabbing up a set of custom steel pegs and when they are done if anyone likes them i will still have the templates.
                        Last edited by Mrontime; 08-01-2017, 06:33 PM.

Comment

If your new pegs will bolt to any other Kat-1100, just go ahead and make 3 or 4 additional ones. I'm telling you, everybody with one of these bikes will break the left side if it ever tips over or you put all your weight on the one peg. Several people looking now, I bet money... Well known issue !

Comment

Already replaced one of mine....
                            1998 Katana 750
                            1992 Katana 1100
                            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

See if you like them first. Im making them to look like katana blades, im gonna do an all metal peg with the cross hatches cut for traction. Ill post pictures. Anyone with a grinder and a little mig could easily make these... also a drill.... and for gods sake saftey glasses.....

Comment

Its really just the bracket that breaks...so, you should make a bracket that will accept any rear-set-type peg....then bolt your katana sword on to that bracket...its the bracket everyone else needs ! $$

Comment

Working...
                                X