X

My Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Kat

Well I'm still new to the being a Kat owner so havn't made many comments on here. But I have started doing what I know how to do and thats give my new bike a paint job. Boss said I cant work at a shop that does custom painting on bikes and not do mine so heres whats happend so far.

First is just how i got it.

Next, bike all apart and sanded and spot primed. (got a couple gouges where the warning decals were) and a few scrapes on the lower plastics.

Then bike painted and cleared

Closeup of the tank with the flash to simulate the direct sun hit on it.

Nose piece

And tail section
    Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
    www.bakerboyz.net

That is very cool! I can't wait to see the bike all put together, great job!

2002 Katana 600
    1999 Ford F150

Comment

Looks nice, what color is it?
      Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
      18v Rigid Drill
      Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
      New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Wow, is that chameleon flake in the base or in the clear?
        2000 Katana 600
        2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Its black base with a base called liquid silver mixed in gives it the whole spectrum. Yeah it wont be together for a bit yet. I still have to resand it all and do some sort of artwork on it. I'll post more pics as I get time to work on it.
          www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Heres the windshield before the basecoat gets put on, since im doing it on the inside of the windshield have to do it backwards. so pinstriping first base second.

www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Awesome job, you are very lucky to work at a place that lets you work on your bike there.

Comment

Wow.. So you were at risk of losing your job unless you customized your bike..

That is a new one here!

Comment

Bike looks good. Micdalen on here did a similar color on his bike. It looks awesome in the sunlight. Great job on the paint and pinstriping.
                  www.mopowersports.com

Comment

WOW! That paint looks amazing! I also love the pinstriping.
                    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Great paint, can't wait to see it finished.

Oh and +1 on the 'lucky to work where you do'
                      Riding 2002 GSX600F for 2 years. UK rider.

Comment

Yes i consider myself very lucky... as of right now i have my bike in there all torn apart taking up space as well as a 47 ford pickup project in pieces piled high. Hopefully as soon as the bikes done I can park it in the showroom for the winter and get back to the pickup.
                        www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Originally posted by Erki View Post
                          Yes i consider myself very lucky... as of right now i have my bike in there all torn apart taking up space as well as a 47 ford pickup project in pieces piled high. Hopefully as soon as the bikes done I can park it in the showroom for the winter and get back to the pickup.
                          Bah and a heated showroom to winter the bike, now you're just showing off
                          Riding 2002 GSX600F for 2 years. UK rider.

Comment

friggin right
                            www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Well I actually stayed late again tonight and got the bike sanded. kinda boring but thought I would post some pictures from different steps if anyone is interested or whatever. I decided to clear then sand and do whatever artwork i decide over the clear that way if i goof i can save it whereas if i just do it on the base coat there isnt much room for error. As for the graphics I havent completely decided yet. still throwing some ideas around on paper.

And I wet the bike down to see what it would look like all put together and shiny since i sanded in pieces then put together.

www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Working...
                              X