Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO PUT BIKE ON CENTERSTAND

ok...here is my tried and true formula that made me a god

ok...goes without saying...your on the LEFT side of the bike

-bike is in NEUTRAL (bike is off ground, so being in gear is redundant)

-face the seat....put your LEFT foot on the centerstand lever...you can let the bike slightly lean against you for balance

-push down until it makes contact with the ground

-slightly rock the bike side to side so you can feel BOTH feet making contact with the ground...the bike will not raise on ONE foot

-for the duration...do not let the the stand up...as long as you are holding it down..bike will stay upright

-you can put your left hand anywhere...but bars are a comfortable place...it actuall does NOTHING

-right hand on tie-down bar...under the tail...or the frame if the bar has been removed

OK...here you go...push down with the left foot..lift up with the right hand...bike will naturally slide backwards about 8" (so allow for clearance behind you) (you are not actually pulling the bike back)
    the key is that you are using a DIAGONAL AXIS to lift the bike....meaning you are using force ACROSS the center of your body.

Does this procedure work if you're left handed?

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
      feels like another person is putting the bike up for you

Comment

It's a good procedure range, thanks for posting it up dude.

Putting a bike on the center stand is something many people have problems with but once you do it the first time, usually the "light bulb" goes on inside your head and you end up saying, Ohhhhh well duh, that was easy"

Comment

Originally posted by Range
          Originally posted by Junior
          feels like another person is putting the bike up for you
          Way to go you two. Now you got this thread all sticky

Comment

Jeez , someone gimmie a camera I can borrow and I'll post up an mpeg . Hmmmm , I THINK the Kodaka digicam my stepdad has records a few seconds of video . Maybe I could get the in the computer somehow .....
            You know what ? I think I can get that to work with the digicam .... except I'm gonna teach my tiny 19yo sister how to do it , and recored HER doing it .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
              It's a good procedure range, thanks for posting it up dude.

Putting a bike on the center stand is something many people have problems with but once you do it the first time, usually the "light bulb" goes on inside your head and you end up saying, Ohhhhh well duh, that was easy"
              You guys just saved me about 1/4 cu. feet of storage under my seat. I no longer need my psuedo wood ramp to get the back wheel off the ground to get the Kat on the center stand. The above procedure worked beautifuly.

I forget who said it, but if you think about pushing the stand down into the floor/ground, combined with your right hand lifting up just a tad, she'll come up easily.

Now what to do with all that free space under the seat....hmmmm.....

Comment

if ya needed a ramp to get it on the center stand i am sure they would have sold you one at the dealer

Comment

See Claude I told ya. You must stand beside the bike. You can't do this while sitting on it. HAHAHA
                  I don't need a girlfriend... Windows goes down on me everyday!

Comment

Range, I thank you. I've been fighting that centerstand since I got the bike. This was the easiest method ever. And as a tribute, when my gal gets home, I'll put up a video of this. Just everyone make sure they have Quicktime. Stupid camera only records in .mov format.
                    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                    -Terence

Comment

Yeah , I kinda forgot about that myself . Oh well , PUT UP THAT VID !!!
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                        Yeah , I kinda forgot about that myself . Oh well , PUT UP THAT VID !!!
                        I have a video camera....but my bike doesn't have a centre stand
                        - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

Slim...bring your video over to KitKats house....that would be funny...I could narrate..Kitkat could point (like Vanna White) Owlman can show the WRONG way...and then you could show how easy it is!

Sheesh..it only took two years before I posted this and made it a sticky.

Congrats everyone...FINALLY I have contributed to this site!

Comment

Owlman can show the WRONG way...

I don't need a girlfriend... Windows goes down on me everyday!

Comment

and then you could show how easy it is!
                              I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille
                              - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

Working...
                              X