X

Oil Leak

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Leak

Guys. After some advice please. I have an oil leak, which one mechanic seems to think is coming from small pipes on the cylinder head? Possibly oil overflow pipes? I just wondered if anyone else has had a similar issue and was it easy to resolve, as in could a diy newbie fix it?
    I am not sure if this can be done in situ or if engine needs removing?
    Any advice would be very much appreciated.
    I have a 2002 GSX750F with 33k on the clock.

Ok that’s vaguely descriptive. Post a pic. First clean the engine, Coat it with baby powder or corn starch when run it, to find the exact area of the leak. Most oil leaks are either an O-ring or gasket, easily done at home.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Thankyou for your prompt reply. I will have a look at it after xmas and try to get a decent picture.
      I did give the engine a clean a while ago to try to see where the leak was coming from. It did seem to becoming from what I am led to believe are the oil return pipes.
      Will post as soon as I have tried the recommendation.

Comment

Where those pipes bolt to the top of the head, there are o-rings behind the flanges. You may be able to snug them with a allen wrench (hex wrench).
        My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

Like k rider said..if snugging the bolts doesn't help i used regular orings from autozone and no leaks

Comment

Thanks guys. Once xmas hols are over I will have a better look at it and see if I can see the bolts. Katanarider - would this require the tank to be removed for a better view??
            Or the exhaust as I believe the bolts on the exhaust are known for snapping?

Comment

Yeah, take the tank off. Be careful to remove the vacuum hose from the rear of the petcock.
              My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

Cheers Katanarider. I will keep you updated

Comment

Working...
                X