X

Top Speed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Speed

I have a 2006 Katana 600. Has about 7400 miles now. I cant get it over 110mph. Im 6'0" about 210. Ive heard others saying the bike should run closer to 130 or 140 mph. It sounds like its running well but im concerned about the top speed. Anyone know if this is normal or is there something wrong?

It should easily go over 110mph. I've seen 155mph indicated on my 750 (probably only doing 140 real mph though).

Carb clean, new plugs and chain clean for you!

Of course, don't try maxxing it out on a public road! I was very fortunate enough to have access to a private road to see those speeds.

Comment

Stated max speed for a 600 is 135MPH. If someone has played with sprocket ratios, your max may be reduced. What RPM does it reach at 110?

Comment

If you have a gps that's your true speed. Let us know
        your rpm, what gear...any bike mods, chain sprocket size (tooth) ect...

Comment

if your redlining at 110 then someone most likely added teeth to the rear sprocket. If its at about 9-10k rpm an it wont go higher an faster then yea your being robbed from something
          94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

Keep in mind that top speed rating is probably set by a 4' 90# Chinese man, not a full grown 6’ 210 # American.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I hit 110 often and pretty easy. I never maxed out my bike so Idk top speed.

Comment

Something to be even more concerned about is if you can only hit 110 indicated, you likely aren't moving more than 100 mph. My 05 600 has seen 140 on the GPS, that was about all it had with an un-baffled full exhaust.

Comment

Okay everyone thanks you for all the input. Come to find out after taking it to the mechanic I had a blocked throttle cable and was only getting 2/3 motion on my throttle. Mechanic fixed it for $80.00 and the bike now seems almost twice as fast and I hit 125mph with room to go. Cant believe I was soo stupid. Thanks again all.

Comment

You probably don't want to be hitting 125 on public roads...but, it's your choice
                    Extra life.

Comment

I completely agree, but it's nice to know I can.

Comment

Originally posted by falcon950 View Post
                        Okay everyone thanks you for all the input. Come to find out after taking it to the mechanic I had a blocked throttle cable and was only getting 2/3 motion on my throttle. Mechanic fixed it for $80.00 and the bike now seems almost twice as fast and I hit 125mph with room to go. Cant believe I was soo stupid. Thanks again all.
                        Organ doner....
                        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                        ------------------------------------------
                        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Stumpy View Post
                          private road
                          Speed tickets, new tyres, road rash, expensive repair bills, imprisonment, rectal violation and/or death may be side effects otherwise.

Comment

You guys sound like my mother!!

Comment

For a reason! She looks after you, we try our best too!

The road is not a racetrack. I, and many others, know people who thought otherwise - and they are no longer with us.

Keep safe.

Comment

Working...
                              X