No announcement yet.
X

new to katana's need fuel system help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to katana's need fuel system help!

ok, so i pulled the tank off of my 89 katana 600 to seal it and noticed there were 2 lines coming from the tank that have been plugged. one comes from about the center of the tank and is not on the fuel petcock and the other looks like it comes out near the fuel level sender.

just wondering if i need to hook these back up and where they go.

there were also 2 tee fittings that were missing a like each. one in between carbs 1&2 and the other in between carbs 3&4.

are the lines from the tank supposed to connect to the tee fittings on the carbs? and what do they do? the bike runs fine without them.

Originally posted by rotarycrew View Post
    ok, so i pulled the tank off of my 89 katana 600 to seal it and noticed there were 2 lines coming from the tank that have been plugged. one comes from about the center of the tank and is not on the fuel petcock and the other looks like it comes out near the fuel level sender.

just wondering if i need to hook these back up and where they go.

there were also 2 tee fittings that were missing a like each. one in between carbs 1&2 and the other in between carbs 3&4.

are the lines from the tank supposed to connect to the tee fittings on the carbs? and what do they do? the bike runs fine without them.

There is a small hole around the edge of the top of the tank, under the cap. This is basically an overflow/water drain line. It runs sealed all the way through the tank, and out the bottom. That is one of the lines from the bottom of the tank.

The other is a drain in case the fuel level sending unit starts to leak. (silver disk on the bottom is a catch pan for this)

Both of these just drain to the bottom of the bike, and are not plugged into anything on the other end.

The top 2 Ts on the carbs are vents. Your bike will run without lines on them. If you want, you can put vent lines on them, drape them across the air box... do not plug them into anything.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
    X